Jharkhand: CM Hemant Soren calls summons by agency as 'illegal,' ED says given 'last opportunity'
August 17, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Jharkhand: CM Hemant Soren calls summons by agency as ‘illegal,’ ED says given ‘last opportunity’

According to sources, the Jharkhand Chief Minister, in his letter to ED, has also said that he has already given the details of his properties. He has so far skipped six summons

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Jan 3, 2024, 09:30 am IST
inBharat, Jharkhand
Follow on Google News
Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren, image source (Jagran)

Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren, image source (Jagran)

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, issued a ‘last opportunity’ by the Directorate of Enforcement (ED) to record his statement in an alleged land scam days ago, has replied to the agency, labelling his summons as ‘illegal,’ sources said on January 2.

According to sources, the Jharkhand Chief Minister, in his letter to ED, has also said that he has already given the details of his properties. He has so far skipped six summons.

“Soren has written to the ED in response to the summons issued to him, stating that the summons are ‘illegal.’ He has also accused ED of making the media trial of the whole matter. In his reply, he also said that he had already given the details of the properties. He has also accused ED of trying to destabilise the government,” sources said.

Earlier last week, the ED issued the seventh summons to the Jharkhand CM under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, asking him to record his statement.

Also Read: Jharkhand Political Turmoil: CM Hemant Soren’s resignation looms, BJP’s Nishikant Dubey speculates amid MLA’s exit

As he had not turned up for ED’s six summons, this time the agency stated that it is his last opportunity to record the statement.

“Since you have not come to the office of the Directorate of Enforcement in obedience to the summonses issued to you, we are giving you this last opportunity to record your statement under section 50 of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, at the place, date and time, mutually convenient to you as well as the undersigned (ED), which should be within 7 days of receipt of this notice/Summons,” said the ED in its summon.

The agency has asked him to specify the place, date, and time within two days of receipt of this communication.
“Despite the issuance of six summonses, you (Hemant Soren) have not appeared before this office, citing unfounded reasons. This non-appearance is impeding and hindering the progress of the investigation in the present case,” ED mentioned in the summons.

The ED issued the sixth summons on December 12 for questioning, but the Chief Minister skipped the proceedings.

CM Soren was first summoned by the ED earlier in mid-August in connection with a land ‘scam’ case. However, the CM ignored the summons, claiming that he was busy with the state’s Independence Day celebrations.

He was asked again to appear on August 24 and September 9, but he skipped the dates, citing preoccupations.

The agency then issued its fourth summons to the Jharkhand CM, asking him to report to the agency on September 23. The CM had earlier threatened to move for legal proceedings against the Centre if it did not withdraw the summonses issued against him.

In his letter to the agency, Soren said he had provided all necessary documents and information to the ED.

He wrote that if the ED needed any information, it could refer to the documents that he had already shared with the agency. However, he alleged that the ED summoned him on August 14 at the behest of its “political masters.”

Also Read: Jharkhand: ED issues 7th summons to CM Soren, says “last chance to record statement”

(With inputs from ANI)

Topics: ED's summon to Hemant SorenED's action against Jharkhand CMJharkhandJharkhand CM
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

Biggest of All! Ram Mandir spread over 110 Acres is largest in Bharat, can accommodate millions of devotees

Next News

BJP Launches Grand Initiative: 50,000 daily darshan at Ram Mandir post-consecration until March 25

Related News

JPSC-JSSC Exam Row: ABVP holds nationwide protests over irregularities; Demands CBI probe

Maoists surrender before senior police officials at the West Singhbhum District headquarters, Chaibasa's police lines

Jharkhand Naxal-Free Push: 4 maoists surrender as West Singhbhum declared Naxal-free

ABVP protests outside Jharkhand Assembly against lathicharge on students

JPSC-JSSC Exam Row: ABVP protests outside Jharkhand Assembly over lathicharge on students; Many arrested

Students at the protest site give slogans of Vande Mataram and Bharat Mata Ki Jai

Jharkhand JPSC Protest: Beyond one examination

14TH JPSC Civil Services Exam: Restoring reliability of recruitment

JSSC aspirants brave heavy rain in Ranchi, continuing their peaceful protest unlike the Delhi NEET agitation

JSSC Row: Students brave heavy rain in Ranchi, maintain peaceful protest in contrast to Delhi NEET agitation

Load More

Latest News

General Dhiraj Seth, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS)

India-Nepal Military bond to get boost as army chief embarks to Kathmandu; Will receive honorary rank of General

Russia Downs 822 Ukrainian Drones, Six Killed in Drone Attacks

Russia downs over 800 Ukrainian drones; at least six killed: Report

Keralam Congress worker wishes Pakistan on Independence Day, deletes post after backlash

Data, Drone and AI: How technology is transforming Indian agriculture

World Hindu Congress 2026: Uniting Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, Taoist & Confucian traditions for a civilisational future

PM Modi addresses the nation on 80th Independence day

PM Modi announces nationwide talent hunt for children aged 5-15 as India eyes 2036 Olympics

Youth across the globe is using short-form video apps, memes, and encrypted chat to coordinate mass protests against the govt to raise their concerns

Youth and Nation: Trapped in a game of snakes and ladders

Karnataka | Kharge Trust Land Case: High Court issues notice to Lokayukta police for failing to act on complaint

A representative image genetrated using AI

The Misinformation Battle: How politics, institutions and national figures were targeted last month

Representative Image

World Hindu Congress 2026: Historic global Hindu gathering to be held in Mumbai from December 18–20

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies