As an aerospace scientist, Kalam made significant contributions to India’s space research through his work with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).On July 27, 2015, Dr Kalam passed away while delivering a lecture at IIM Shillong, after suffering a cardiac arrest. His legacy as a source of inspiration lives on, resonating with students and citizens across India.
‘Wings of Fire’, ‘India 2020 – A Vision for the New Millennium’, ‘My journey’ and ‘Ignited Minds – Unleashing the power within India’ are the famous books which Dr Kalam authored.
Top motivational quotes by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam for students
- “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.”
- “If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved.”
- “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”
- “Real education enhances the dignity of a human being and increases his or her self-respect. If only the real sense of education could be realized by each individual and carried forward in every field of human activity, the world will be so much a better place to live in.”
- “Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, calibre, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me.”
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.”
- “Books become permanent companions. Sometimes, they are born before us; they guide us during our life journey and continue for many generations.”
- “One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.”
- “It is very easy to defeat someone, but it is very hard to win someone.”
- “All Birds find shelter during the rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common, but attitude makes the difference.”
- “While children are struggling to be unique, the world around them is trying all means to make them look like everybody else.