National President of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has launched the BJP Election Manifesto for the upcoming 12th Assembly election Manipur today (February 17) at Hotel Classic Grande.
Along with the National President, the manifesto launching function was attended by N. Biren Singh, Chief Minister of Manipur; A. Sarda Devi, President of BJP Manipur Pradesh; Dr Sambit Patra, National Spokesperson & state prabhari; Dr RK Ranjan Singh, Union MoS, External Affairs & Education (Chairman Manifesto Committee); Th. Biswajit Singh, Minister PWD, Power & RD; Maharaja Leishemba Sanajaoba, MP (RS); Y. Khemchand Singh, Speaker of Assembly; M. Asnikumar Singh, Senior Spokesperson of party (Convenor, Manifesto Committee) and other important senior leaders and party's candidates.
Asnikumar, a senior spokesperson of the BJP Manipur unit, who is also convenor of manifesto committee, said this election would be fought on the plank of 'GDP' for Manipur, i.e. Growth, Development and Peace.
"In Manipur, under our BJP led government in the last five years, we saw a humanistic approach governance provided the most people centric governance in the political history of the state. Our state's people are peace-loving people. They will surely choose the BJP in this ensuing assembly election to serve the people again. I have full conviction that our party will form the next govt with comfortable margin."
"BJP will never betray the people of Manipur in every aspect. Under our Hon'ble PM Narendra Modiji's mantra of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, Manipuri's rapid growth journey (which we have witnessed since the past 5 years) will continue," the senior Spokesperson added.
1. We are strongly committed to protecting territorial integrity and preserving the rights of the indigenous people of Manipur and its rich cultural heritage.
2. 2 free LPG cylinders will be provided annually to all the PM Ujjwala beneficiaries of the state.
3. Free scooty will be provided to all the meritorious college going girls of the state.
4. Girls from EWS and backward sections will be provided with an incentive of Rs 25,000 under the Rani Gaidinliu Nupi Maheiroi Singi Scheme.
5. Free laptops will be provided to all the meritorious students passing class 12th to support their higher education.
6. The monthly pension for all the senior citizens in the state will be increased from Rs 200 to Rs 1000.
7. The financial assistance of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will be increased for all the farmers from Rs 6000 to Rs 8000 per annum.
8. Free of cost accident insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh will be provided to all fishermen in the state.
9. Scholarship will be given to the children of small and marginal farmers and landless farmers pursuing technical education at the graduation and post-graduation level.
10. Manipur Skill University will be established for skilling the youth of Manipur in various sectors.
11. Establishment of AIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) in Manipur to further advance the standard of healthcare services in the state.
12. 100% coverage of Ayushman Bharat and CMHT (Chief Ministergi Hakselgii Tenbang) scheme to provide health insurance of Rs 5 lakh to all the eligible beneficiaries.
13. Expanding the people's centric initiatives like Go To Village and Go To Hills, doorstep delivery of all Central and State government schemes will be introduced.
14. Introduction of Aspirational Block Programme with special focus on overall development in selected blocks of the state.
15. Introduction of One Sub Division One Product scheme to promote indigenous produce and boost the local economy.
16. Interest-free loans will be provided to MSMEs for technology up-gradation, capital requirements, and to enable better market access.
17. Establishment of Rs 100 core Start-Up Manipur Fund to provide zero-interest loans of up to Rs 25 lakh.
18. FO-FO train (Follow Foothills trains), a peripherals rail network along the foothills of the state, will be launched to boost tourism and increase allied vocational opportunities in the state.
19. To promote local tourism, cash incentives and subsidies for the homestay owners will be provided, aiming to generate around 1 lakh employment opportunities in the state.
20. Loktak Mega Eco-tourism Project will be undertaken to promote tourism in the state.