Khapse/Fried Biscuits ?
- 8 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 8 2 -3 tbsp Oil
- 8 1/2 – 3/4 cup Sugar (as per your taste)
- 8 1/2 cup Milk or as required
- 8 1 quart of sunflower oil for deep frying
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of warm water
- In a wide bowl, take the flour, add oil, slowly add the milk.
- Mix everything together and knead to a soft dough.
- Pinch out big balls, dust and roll out the dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness. Make sure you don”t use lot of flour as it will dunk more oil
- Cut the dough in strips (maybe about an inch or a little less), then cut those strips into diagonal pieces. Try to make the pieces roughly the same size, so that they can cook at the same rate. Slice a slot in the middle of each piece of dough.
- Pull one corner of the piece of dough through the slot in the middle, creating a twist. Pull the two ends of your nyapsha a little to even out the shape a bit. Once you have a batch ready, heat the oil.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough. The slowly slide the Khapse making sure you don”t splash the oil. Fry in batches and do not crowd the oil
- Cook the khapse on medium, making sure it is cooked all through. Then remove with a slotted spoon on to kitchen towel.