* An ice-cream stick.
* Two pieces of string, each 80 cm long.
* A pen-knife.
* Make two notches on the two ends of the ice-cream stick.
* Tie the two ends of the string into two loops.
* Do the same with the other string too.
* Sit down on the floor and stretch your legs out. Hook the two ends of one of the loops over the big toes of your feet as shown.
* Stretch out the string tightly by spreading out the feet.
* Now insert the stick in between the two sides of the loops in the centre.
* Turn the stick round and round, to wind the string.
* Holding the string in position (ensure that you do not leave the stick, else the string will unwind), pass the two sides of the other string through the wedges on either ends of the stick.
* Hold the second loop along with the first loop, ensuring that the stick does not spin.
How to play
* Gently release your hold, letting the stick spin a bit at a time. As the first string slowly unwinds, the second string winds itself around the first.
* When about 4 or 5 cm of string is left on either side, hold the ends of the second loop.
* Holding the two free ends of the second loop, pull the ends gently. The stick will rotate in the other direction.
* With some practice, you will be able to rotate the stick swiftly.
* If you pull the string with a jerk, the string will come off. Hence, pull and release the string gently.