Balochistan: Five Punjabi workers shot dead in Mashkail
August 22, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home World

Balochistan: Five Punjabi workers shot dead in Mashkail town of Washuk district

In the past few years, there have been several incidents of workers from Punjab province being targeted in several areas of Balochistan by calling them outsiders usurping the jobs of the local Baloch. In at least two such cases, armed Baloch rebels offloaded Punjabi workers from buses and shot them dead, declaring they will carry out more such attacks

Sant Kumar SharmaSant Kumar Sharma
Jul 13, 2026, 02:19 am IST
inWorld, Asia, International Edition
Follow on Google News
Injured being carried on a stretcher

Injured being carried on a stretcher

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Armed men, believed to be Baloch rebels fighting for independence from Pakistan, gunned down five workers hailing from Punjab in the Mashkail town of Balochistan’s Washuk district on Sunday, Deputy Commissioner Abdul Majeed Sarparah said. The incident occurred amid ongoing Operation Shaban and other counter-terrorism operations in the province, in which the security forces have claimed to have neutralised over 100 terrorists since July 5.

Local Baloch sources have, however, disputed the figure and claims by the Pakistani security forces of killing armed rebels. Instead, the Pakistan security forces have killed many innocent Baloch youth who had been forcibly disappeared from their homes. The bodies of many of such youths have been found all over Balochistan in isolated places, showing clearly that they were shot dead in cold blood, and not encounters as claimed, a report in Dawn said.

Read More: The Fragile Truce: Why the US-Iran peace deal mediated by puppet Pakistan is primed for collapse

“The incident took place in Mashkail town close to the Pakistan-Iran border area, when armed men riding motorcycles opened fire on shops where the labourers from Punjab were working,” DC Sarparah told the media.

Police officials said the five individuals suffered multiple bullet injuries and succumbed to their wounds on the spot. They added that after firing, the assailants escaped from the site.

The officials said police and other security personnel rushed to the site soon after receiving information about the incident and shifted the bodies to the government health facility in Mashkail. After completing legal formalities, arrangements will be made to dispatch the workers’ bodies to their native towns in Punjab, according to the police officials.

Meanwhile, the security forces, along with the law enforcement agencies, launched a search operation in the area to trace the elements involved in the attack. In recent years, Balochistan has witnessed a spate of such attacks targeting those hailing from Punjab.

The reason given by the armed Baloch rebels is that these Punjabis usurped the few jobs that are available in Balochistan and should rightfully go to the local Baloch. Instead, with backing from powerful people from Punjab, affiliated to different political parties, these workers from Punjab take up the jobs in Balochistan.

In March last year, four labourers from Punjab were shot dead by unknown assailants in Balochistan’s Kalat district. The same day, four policemen were killed in a separate incident in Noshki district.

In February 2025, unidentified gunmen killed seven people travelling to Punjab after offloading them from a passenger bus in the Barkhan district.

In May 2024, seven barbers from Punjab were shot dead near Gwadar, while August saw 23 travellers offloaded from trucks and buses and shot in the Musakhail district. This incident had happened on August 26 and several buses and trucks which did not halt at the road blocks set up by the rebels were burnt down. The rebels had manned these road blocks for several hours and then slipped away.

In September 2024, rebels armed with automatic weapons stormed an under-construction house in the Khuda-i-Abadan area of Panj­gur town and killed seven labourers, all hailing from Multan.

Such repeated attacks are meant to discourage workers from Punjab to come to Balochistan.

Topics: Targetted killingPunjabi workers killed
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

India declares one-day national mourning on demise of former Qatar Amir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani

Next News

Why Kashmiri Hindus observe July 13 as Black Day: The history behind the demand

Related News

Representative Image

Jammu and Kashmir: Government employee Mohammad Razaq shot dead in targeted attack by terrorists in Rajouri

Load More

Latest News

NHRC directs Punjab officials to inquiry into Rs 5 crore bribery allegation against CM Bhagwant Mann's wife

NHRC orders inquiry after ex-judge accuses Punjab CM’s wife of Rs 5 crore extortion to suppress rape case

Ahmedabad AMC intensifies its food safety crackdown, urging 11,123 restaurants to install kitchen CCTV amid serious hygiene violations

Ahmedabad AMC steps up food safety drive, seals eateries and urges restaurants to put kitchen CCTV on display

Karnataka: Kumaraswamy doubles down on NICE toll boycott, tells motorists ‘Don’t fear FIRs, Don’t pay’

Sharmila Tagore’s conversion to Islam and remarks on Vande Mataram have sparked debate over her religious identity and views

Is Sharmila Tagore’s true identity Ayesha Sultana? The truth behind her name, religion and ideology!

California state adopts resolution to celebrate Diwali Day on November 8

US: California to celebrate Deepawali as a symbol of wisdom, growth & unity; Hails contribution of Indian Americans

US national debt surpasses 40 Trillion dollars for the first time

US debt breaches USD 40 trillion for the first time; AI spending adds fresh pressure to Washington’s fiscal crisis

Representative Image

Sugar Prices Rise: Government moves to curb hoarding, ensure adequate supply

Interpol has issued a Red Corner Notice against fugitive gangster Shariq Sata, accused of masterminding the November 2024 Sambhal violence

Sambhal Violence: Interpol issues Red Corner Notice against fugitive gangster Shariq Sata over 2024 clashes

Man attacks Gurudwara in Canada; Stabbing leaves two injured

Canada: Armed man attacks Nanaksar Gurdwara & stabbing injures two; PM Mark Carney condemns violence, probe underway

Karnataka: Zafar urinates at historic Hanuman temple premises; Hindus outraged, call for bandh on August 26

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies