Bengaluru Horror: Hindu girl stabbed by ex-boyfriend Nawaz
August 21, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Bengaluru Horror: Former boyfriend Bande Nawaz stabbed Nandita for marrying Hindu man

A former boyfriend, Bande Nawaz (18), stabbed Nandita Das multiple times in Bengaluru to kill her for rejecting his proposal and marrying from her community. Police said both were in a friendship; Nawaz, working as a driver, was furious after hearing she married a Hindu man

IndreshIndresh
Jul 12, 2026, 07:30 am IST
inBharat, Karnataka
Follow on Google News
Islamist Nawaz stabs Hindu girl Nandini for rejecting his marriage proposal and marrying someone else

Islamist Nawaz stabs Hindu girl Nandini for rejecting his marriage proposal and marrying someone else

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Bengaluru: An 18-year-old woman is battling for her life after she was allegedly stabbed multiple times by her former boyfriend inside her residence in Bengaluru’s Ramagondanahalli under the Varthur police station limits. The accused, identified as 18-year-old Bande Nawaz, allegedly attacked the woman after she rejected his relationship and married another man. Following the assault, the accused allegedly attempted to die by suicide by slitting his own throat with the same knife.

The victim, Nandini Das, a native of West Bengal, suffered grievous injuries to her neck, hands, ribs and thighs in the attack. She is undergoing intensive treatment at Manipal Hospital, while the accused has been admitted to Vydehi Hospital with self-inflicted injuries. Police have registered a case of attempt to murder based on a complaint filed by the victim’s father, Yadav Das, and have launched a detailed investigation.

Read More: Islamist Extremism and the Targeting of Sikhs: Major incidents of violence from 2016–2026

According to police, the incident occurred around 10 am on July 9 at the victim’s residence in Chinnathayappa Building in Ramagondanahalli. Nandini had been alone at home when the accused allegedly entered the house. Investigators said the two had known each other for nearly three years after studying together in a private school in Nallurahalli.

Police said the friendship had eventually developed into a relationship. However, the victim’s family reportedly opposed the relationship and later arranged her marriage with another man a few days ago. Investigators believe the marriage angered the accused, who allegedly decided to confront her.

According to preliminary investigations, Nawaz arrived at the victim’s residence while her parents were away. Before confronting the woman, he allegedly locked her two younger brothers inside a room to prevent them from intervening.

Police said an argument broke out after the accused questioned the victim about marrying another person. During the heated exchange, he allegedly shouted that she should not have married anyone else. Enraged by her refusal to continue the relationship, he reportedly went to the kitchen, picked up a knife and attacked her repeatedly.

The victim sustained multiple stab injuries to her neck, palms, hands, ribs and thighs. Despite suffering severe injuries, she reportedly attempted to resist the assault before collapsing in a pool of blood.

After attacking the woman, Nawaz allegedly turned the knife on himself and slit his own throat in an apparent suicide attempt. Both remained inside the house bleeding until neighbours, alerted by the commotion, rushed to the spot and shifted them to nearby hospitals for emergency treatment.

Doctors said Nandini’s condition remains serious, and she is receiving treatment in the intensive care unit. The accused is also undergoing treatment under police security.

Police sources said the victim’s father, Yadav Das, had migrated from West Bengal several years ago and settled in Ramagondanahalli with his family. While her father works in a shop, her mother is employed as a domestic worker. Nandini lived with her parents and two brothers.

Investigators said the accused had discontinued his education midway and had been working as a driver of a Tata Ace goods vehicle in Nallurahalli. Police are now examining his background, mobile phone records and communication with the victim to reconstruct the events leading to the attack.

Based on the complaint filed by the victim’s father, the Varthur police have registered a case under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita for attempt to murder and other relevant provisions. Officers are also recording statements from family members, neighbours and witnesses.

Police are collecting CCTV footage from the locality and forensic evidence from the scene. The knife allegedly used in the crime has been seized, and investigators are awaiting medical reports before deciding whether to invoke additional charges depending on the victim’s condition.

Senior police officers said the motive appears to be linked to the breakdown of the relationship after the victim married another person. However, they emphasised that the investigation is continuing and all aspects of the case are being examined before filing a charge sheet.

Police said the case is being investigated based on evidence and witness statements, and further legal action will follow after the accused recovers sufficiently to be questioned.

Topics: Bharatiya Nyaya SanhitaCCTVBengaluru HorrorHindu Girl stabbedNawaz
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

Mahadev Betting App Scam: CBI’s major crackdown on a parallel financial empire exceeding Rs 6,000 Crore

Next News

Odisha CM Mohan Majhi orders crime branch probe into SCERT textbook errors

Related News

Bharat’s decolonization is reshaping laws, education and culture while reclaiming its civilisational identity (This image is generated by AI)

Decolonising Bharat: How legal, educational and cultural reforms are reclaiming India’s indigenous identity

‘Who brought a 12 year old to protest?’: POCSO complaint slams CJP organisers over Jantar Mantar NEET agitation

Punjab Police arrests key operative of Babbar Khalsa International

Punjab: Police busts Pakistan-sponsored Babbar Khalsa International terror module, arrests key operative Satbir Singh

Amit Shah Reviews Criminal Justice System In West Bengal

West Bengal: Union HM Amit Shah reviews implementation of new criminal laws, calls for higher conviction rate

Those arrested have been identified as Md Aiyub Sunasara, Md Aiyub Kadiwal, Md Hasan Karadiya, Md Shafi Mukhi and Bilal Abid Shera. (Source: Gujarat ATS)

Gujarat ATS cracks down on Jaish-e-Mohammed module; Five more arrested as probe uncovers bomb plot

Accused Ismail

Davanagere Horror: Gym trainer Ismail booked on charges of rape, blackmail after woman alleges secret recordings

Load More

Latest News

Dr Subrahmanyam Chandrasekhar Death Anniversary: Remembering the Nobel laureate who decoded the stars

Kalyan Singh is remembered on his death anniversary for his role in the Ayodhya movement and Ram Temple cause

Kalyan Singh Death Anniversary: Remembering ‘Babuji’, the leader who became a key face of Ayodhya Ram Mandir movement

‘Vande Mataram’ Slogan Row in Karnataka: FIR against Shaheen College Principal over threat to PU student

Goa government moves Supreme Court seeking life imprisonment for convicted rapist Tarun Tejpal

Goa government demands life imprisonment for convicted rapist Tarun Tejpal, escalates case to Supreme Court

Amazon faces Rs 1 lakh CCPA penalty for allowing ordinary sweets to be sold as Ram Mandir prasad without approval

CCPA fines Amazon Rs 1 lakh for selling ordinary sweets as ‘Shri Ram Mandir Ayodhya Prasad’ without authorisation

PMAY-G crosses 1.21 crore completed homes in five years, Modi government pushes ahead with 4.95 crore rural houses target by 2029

PMAY-G crosses 1.21 cr completed homes in five years, Modi govt pushes ahead with 4.95 cr rural houses target by 2029

Azam Khan’s Johar University Under ED Lens Again, Money Trail Probed

Uttar Pradesh: Azam Khan’s Johar University under ED lens again; ED examines financial links to government contracts

While Opposition questions India’s healthcare system, growing numbers of foreigners are choosing India for affordable medical treatment

Opposition questions India’s healthcare, but why are thousands of foreigners coming to India for treatment?

Yuva Sangam 2026: Phase VII registration deadline extended to August 31; Youth aged 18–30 can apply

(Left) Odisha Chief Minister Mohan Charan Majhi (Right) Sonia Gandhi asking to stop the Vande Matram on Independence Day

Odisha CM, Deputy CM slam Congress over move to restrict ‘Vande Mataram’ rendition, cite national sentiment

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies