Sahakar Bharati is the only pan-India organisation of co-operators and co-operatives. It is envisaged to create, both in Rural and Urban areas, a strong and devoted cadre of selfless cooperators and a chain of co-operatives which would spread the knowledge of the co-operative movement, which in the present circumstances it can only act as the saviour for the upliftment of small farmers, landless labourers, Vanvasi, women, SHGs and JLGs, rural craftsmen and Technicians, jobless youth from the middle and lower income groups of society.
From January 11, 1979, Sahakar Bharati has extended its geographical spread to almost 28 States & 650 + districts across the country. Now Sahakar Bharati has decided on sectoral growth in the co-operative sector by planning to convene national Sectoral conferences by the end of March 2024. It expects at least 10 to 12 sectoral National Conferences to be held.
Credit co-operatives Sector is the pioneer sector which is struggling for sustainable, inclusive growth of downtrodden sector of society. It is facing several challenges & threats, which can be resolved at the level of Central Government. To represent these challenges & threats in an organised way before Central Government, Sahakar Bharati has planned to convene National Credit Co-ops Adhiveshan on December 2-3, 2023 at Delhi. Sahakar Bharati has decided to target a maximum of 10000 delegates across the country for the said National Adhiveshan.
Sahakar Bharati has invited Union Home & Cooperation Minister Amit Shah to guide & address the said Adhiveshan. Resolutions for redressal of challenges & threats of Credit Co-ops will be placed in the said Adhiveshan.
For the successful organisation of this mega event, Sahakar Bharati has organised a reception committee and the founder chairman of Buldana Urban Credit Co-op Society Limited, Radheshyam Chandak, has agreed to be a Chairman of the said reception committee. Maharashtra State Co-operative Bank Ltd, Mumbai, Gujarat State Co-op Bank Ltd, Ahmedabad and Maharashtra state credit Co-op Society Federation, Mumbai, have agreed to join the mega event as knowledge Partner. Sahakar Bharati is expecting some other institutions to join as knowledge partners in the forthcoming days.
Annual Report Competition for Credit Co-ops participating in this National Adhiveshan has been arranged, where selected 2 Credit Co-ops from every State and three National Level selected Credit Co-ops will be felicitated in the valedictory session of the said National Adhiveshan. All Credit Co-ops, their Directors/Office Bearers/ Officers/ Sr employees and delegates from Credit Co-ops federations & associations have all been included in the said National Adhiveshan.
Emerging Challenges & Demands of Sahakar Bharati
- All Credit Co-ops are entitled to the benefits of Deposit Insurance Coverage
- Insert the definition of Cr Co-ops in the Income Tax Act to get the relief U/S 80P (2); 268 SS & ST without any discrimination
- Honouring the spirit of the 97 Constitutional Amendment, the State and Central Govt shall take every possible initiative for the registration of Credit Co-ops both at the Central and State Levels
- For cashless & digital transactions, Credit Co-ops be entitled to membership of the National
- Credit Co-ops be entitled to the services like CIBIL
- Implement the provisions of the SARFESI Act to Credit Co-ops for speedy, effective & efficient recovery of loans
- Empower Credit Co-ops to invest in Government Securities
- Empower Credit Co-ops to participate in Govt Schemes like Mudra Loans
- Implement Prudential Accounting Norms across the Country, including at the Central and State Levels
- Provisions be made to implement the guidelines of Self Regulations