Cover Story: Rava Kesari
- 8 Rava: 1 kg
- 8 Ghee: 750 gm
- 8 Milk: 1½ ltr
- 8 Yellow colour: 3 drops
- 8 Sugar: 1¾ kg
- 8 Saffron: Two pinches dissolved in 3 spoonful milk
- 8 Powdered cashew nuts: 500 gm
- 8 Powdered cardamom: 2 tea spoons
- 8 Raisins: 250 gm
- Fry rava in two tea spoonful ghee.
- When rava turns light brown colour, add milk with yellow colour and keep on stirring with the spoon.
- Make sure that the mixture does not cake.
- Now, add the sugar and keep on stirring thoroughly.
- Then remaining ghee can be added spoon by spoon and keep on stirring.
- Afterwards add the saffron-milk mixture, powdered cashew and cardamom and keep on stirring.
- Once mixture does not stick to the pan, take the pan off the stove and spread it on flat surface lubricated with ghee.
- Now, it can be cut into desired shape.
- Decoration with cashew nuts and raisins will add to the look.