Navratri Festive Food Mood?
1. Amaranth (Ramdana/ Cholai) Yogurt Parfait
A healthy and nutritious parfait made with popped amaranth, yogurt (fresh curd), honey, fruits & dry fruits.
Half cup full fat fresh curd/yogurt or as required
- 1 small muskmelon/honey dew melon
- 1 medium sized ripe sweet mango
- 10-12 cashews
- 15-16 golden raisins
- 5-6 dry figs (Angeer)
- 2 Table-spoon (tbsp) amaranth
- Honey as required
- Heat a pan. Add 1 or 2 tbsp of the amaranth and allow them to pop with the method mentioned in the post above.
- Remove the popped amaranth from the pan and keep aside.
- Peel and chop the mango and the honey dew melon.
- Roast the cashews in the same pan till golden. Keep aside.
- Chop the dry figs and keep aside.
- Layer the glass or individual serving bowls with 1 or 2 tbsp yogurt.
- Drizzle half to 1 tbsp honey or as required on the yogurt.
- Then make a layer of the fruits.
- Add the dry fruits and again drizzle honey.
- Layer with some of the popped amaranth.
- Then again drizzle with some honey. Repeat the same layers.
- Serve the amaranth yogurt parfait immediately.