Chhattisgarh: Over thirty residents leave their homes after Maoist's issue decree, 11 cadres surrender in Narayanpur
August 19, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Chhattisgarh: Over thirty residents leave their homes after Maoist’s issue decree, 11 cadres surrender in Narayanpur

The outlaws accuses the families for providing information related to their camp to police, which according to them led to a major encounter in Thulthuli in October last year

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Mar 8, 2025, 01:00 pm IST
inBharat, Chhattisgarh
Follow on Google News
A representative image

A representative image

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Raipur: In a troubling development, over three dozen residents of Todma and Kohkawada villages at Bijapur-Dantewada borders have left their homes after the Maoists issued a decree, instructing them to leave the village boundaries at earliest.

The villagers have now taken shelter near their relatives at Kilepal and Vahanpur of Bastar district at around 30-50 kilometers from their ancestral place.

According to the preliminary information, around 50 cadres of the Purvi Bastar Division of the outlawed group barged in the Todma and Kohkawada village and called a Jan Adalat, a kind of public court.

The extremists then issued a decree against a number of families, instructing them to leave the village boundaries while accusing them for passing sensitive information to the police.

The outlaws reportedly accused the said families for providing information related to their camp to the police which according to them led to a major encounter in Thulthuli in October last year.

Left with no other choices, the said families then migrated to the other side of the Indravati river with their children and whatever belongings they could carry along. The villagers have denied the accusations labeled by the extremists.

Meanwhile, the administration on the other hand has assured that proper rehabilitation will be provided to the migrated families.

11 Maoists surrender in Narayanpur

In a related development, around a dozen cadres of the proscribed group surrender before the security officials in violence-hit Narayanpur district on March 7, police said.

11 Maoists including 7 female cadres joined the mainstream by shunning the path of violence after being inspired by the surrender cum rehabilitation policy of the state government and welfare schemes being run in the violence-hit areas.

Among the surrendered lot, Sannu alias Mungesh and Santu alias Badru were carrying a reward of Rs 8 lakh each. The rest of the surrendered Maoists were carrying a cumulative bounty of Rs 24 lakh on their heads.

The surrendered Maoists were all active in the Narayanpur district for long. They were all provided with an immediate financial help of Rs 25000 each.

With the latest inclusion on Friday, the number of surrendered Maoists has crossed the figure of 90 since January this year. This comes amidst the state government paced up development projects along with smooth implementation of schemes such as the Niyad Nellanar, aimed at benefitting the residents of the insurgency-hit regions.

Security forces amped up counter-insurgency operations in affected areas

It is worth mentioning here, that the security forces have amped up operations in violence-ridden Bastar division lately, launching back to back successful operations in the Maoist stronghold.

#WATCH | Bijapur, Chhattisgarh: Security forces have demolished the Naxal memorial at Tamil Bhatti village near the Pujarikanker area.

Visuals Source: SP Bijapur Jitendra Yadav pic.twitter.com/CHrPwcZOtz

— ANI (@ANI) March 7, 2025

 

In continuation of the operations aimed at dominating the affected areas, the forces on Friday demolished a towering Maoist monument in Bijapur’s Usur area.

The memorial erected by the outlaws was located in the interior area of Tamil Bhatti village near the Kankerpujari camp of security forces. Notably the Union Home Minister Amit Shah has announced to set free the country from Maoist-insurgency before March 2026.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Topics: Security forcesBijapur- Dantewada borderNaxalsMaoistsUnion Home Minister Amit ShahChhattisgarhBastar
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

UP CM Yogi Adityanath says ahead of Holi, “After Ayodhya & Prayagraj, now it’s Mathuras turn for development”

Next News

Punjab: Jagtar Singh Johal accused in terror funding case & killing of RSS Sah-Prant-Sanghachalak Gagneja acquitted

Related News

Bastar Naxal victims’ families slam P Chidambaram’s 'Proud dimagi Naxal' remark.

Proud Dimagi Naxal Post: Bastar victims hit back at Congress leader Chidambaram — “We lost our loved ones to Naxals”

Maoist arms and explosives recovered in Sukma

Chhattisgarh: Security forces recover Maoist explosives & arms dumps in Sukma; Major seizures made in joint operations

For the first time since India's independence, the tricolor flag was hoisted in 92 remote villages across Bastar's Bijapur, Sukma, and Narayanpur districts

Chhattisgarh: Where fear once ruled, the Tiranga now flies; 92 Bastar villages embrace a new dawn

Grain now available 24x7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

From Ration Queues to Digital Convenience: Grain now available 24×7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

Bastar Tiranga Yatra saw Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honour Naxal victims and highlight Bastar’s peace journey

Bastar Tiranga Yatra: Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honours Maoist victims, highlights Bastar’s peace journey

Three-day 'Bastar Tiranga Yatra' begins from Ex-Maoist hub Narayanpur

Chhattisgarh: From Maoist stronghold to tricolour trail; Three-day Bastar Tiranga Yatra begins from Narayanpur

Load More

Latest News

Punjab’s rural religious landscape is shifting as Pentecostal churches gain ground among Dalit communities

From Gurdwaras to Pentecostal Churches: Understanding the changing religious landscape of rural Punjab

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Thiru. S. Joseph Vijay on 17.8.2026 viewed the ancient bronze idol of Thirumangai Azhwar, stolen from the Arulmigu Soundararaja Perumal Temple located in Kumbakonam, Thanjavur District,

Tamil Nadu gets back 500-year-old Thirumangai Alwar Murti stolen nearly 70 years ago, traced to UK’s Ashmolean Museum

India strengthens Defence supply chain as 405 items linked to fighter jets, tanks, missiles and warships go indigenous

India Boosts Defence Self-Reliance: 405 more items to be indigenised, covering Su-30MKI, T-90 and key weapon systems

Representative Image

Not Lagging, But Scaling: India’s strategic push in renewable energy and EVs

US Ambassador Sergio Gor (Left), J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah (Right)

‘Our problems won’t be solved in Washington’: Omar Abdullah rebuffs US envoy Sergio Gor ahead of J&K visit

Punjab: NHRC takes cognisance of complaint flagging non-observance of I-Day in Govt schools along India-Pak border

KPCC chief B.K. Hariprasad (Left), K.S. Eshwarappa (Right)

‘Only 2 Stanzas’ of Vande Mataram? Eshwarappa hits Congress, says Hariprasad insulted national sentiments

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Trouble for Zuckerberg: 29 US states seek $1.4T from Meta, putting Facebook, Instagram and his AI ambitions at risk

India’s Akash 1S gains ground in Central Asia as Turkmenistan, Tajikistan show interest following Armenia deal: Report

NIA Court Sentences 12 in Jharkhand Maoist Funding Case

Jharkhand: NIA Court sentences 12 in terror funding and extortion case linked to CPI (Maoist)

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies