Presently there is fierce debate going on over the current political topic, who will win the upcoming Legislative Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh; everyone is asking “Will Yogi Adityanath be the next Chief Minister of UP?”
Just a few years ago no industrialists wanted to invest in Uttar Pradesh, but recently Uttar Pradesh got over INR 1.88 Trillion investment over the last 3.5 years and now UP is relentlessly wooing businesses, projects and investors. . UP’s GSDP has gone up during the regime of Yogi Ji from INR 10.9 lakh Cr to INR 21.73 lakh Cr, taking the state from the list of ‘BIMARU” states to second largest economy in the country. As per NCRB report, UP is placed at 36th position in terms of crime and at 28th position in terms of violation against women among all States. Undoubtedly, it’s a remarkable achievement of the Yogi Government.
The image of Lucknow has totally changed in the last 4.5 years. The whole credit of this goes to Yogi Adityanath, once the ‘Mahant of Gorakhnath Math’ turned politician.
People’s trust on Yogi Adityanath’s administration is so deep, that now everyone has started saying, “Pet ke liye Roti, Desh ke liye Modi aur Gundo ke liye Yogi” (For hunger, bread is required, for the Nation, Modi is required and for Criminals, Yogi is needed). His Government dealt with criminals, State level Mafias with strictness under the framework of law irrespective of their caste, place and religion. Now criminals imprisoned in Delhi Jail are sending their petitions to the Government that their captivity duration should be increased, so that they would be alive inside bars.
Yogi Adityanath has proved by his efforts and achievements that speaking in language to common people is far more efficient in getting connected with the local people. His unique style of addressing common people on any matter is extremely powerful and effective. Until a few years ago, in India, it was believed that only English is a language of higher class Government officers and great politicians. Yogi Adityanath had completely demolished this misconception. He has also shown what a strong, confident and fearless leadership can do and achieve, if its intentions are righteous! He has proved this fact in UP in the last 4.5 years. It’s also proved by Yogi Adityanath Ji that following real Secularism doesn’t mean not to follow one’s own religion. In fact, any political person could be more secular by firmly following his own religion and there is no need to do any act of unnecessary appeasement. Honesty matters…!
The Yogi Government has a long list of success stories, which he achieved in the last 4.5 years. Some are as follows:
1. Arrangement of Kumbh in Prayagraj in 2019 was a record. During the 49-day Kumbh Mela 2019 that concluded in March, a significant 24.01 Cr people visited the Sangam city. It is said to be not only the highest footfall the Mela has ever witnessed in its history but also more than the annual footfall of tourists Uttar Pradesh had between 2014 and 2017.
2. In terms of infrastructural development, the present UP Government implemented infrastructure development projects. Proposed projects, like Asia’s largest Noida International Airport to Bundelkhand Expressway, will not just provide better connectivity but it will also ensure economic growth as massive industrialisation is being promoted in UP.
3. As per Yogi Adityanath’s government; it has provided houses to 42 lakh poor. In case of a calamity, it has given compensation to the affected in 24 hours. His government has provided over Rs 5 Lakh Cr via DBT to the people of the state. A total of 4.5 lakh youngsters were given government jobs through a transparent system by this government in the last 4.5 years.
4. Construction started for the world famous Ram Temple at the birth site of Bhagwan Ram in Ayodhya. Not only this but efforts are also being made on for the re-construction of ancient temples at Mathura & Varanasi sites, where ancient Hindu temples were demolished by then Muslim rule.
5. The initiative to renaming the cities which were named by or after the foreign invaders is an adorable step taken by the Yogi Government. Furthermore, the renaming process of some more districts and cities, including Sultanpur, Mirzapur and Firozabad has been carried out by the Yogi government. Recently Aligarh has been re-named as Harinagar. Criticizers also claim by government estimates that more than INR 300 Cr were spent in the process of changing the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj. Ideally it should be considered as an investment to bring back the glory of Bharat and not as an expenditure.
6. One study, prepared by a team of experts from IIT-Kanpur led by Padma Shree, Prof, Manindra Agarwal, included the Yogi Adityanath-led UP government’s handling of the second wave of COVID-19, lauding its strategies to check the spread of infection. The report has also highlighted the 4-T (Test, Track, Treat and Tackle) approach. This detailed study by Prof Agrawal & his team also throws light on the steps taken by the UP government to alleviate the impact of the economic crisis during the reverse migration of over 40 lakh migrant workers, praising the Yogi Adityanath government for providing employment to the migrant workers in the state.
7. During the current first term of the Yogi Government, many new projects were started in UP. PepsiCo’s new plant is coming up at Kosi Kalan in Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh. Microsoft has agreed to set up a 4,000-people campus in Greater Noida, its third after Hyderabad and Bengaluru. The diversified conglomerate ITC is on track to set up an integrated manufacturing and logistics facility. UP is rapidly becoming a mobile manufacturing hub. In 2018, Samsung inaugurated its “world’s largest mobile factory” in UP as part of its investment plan of 71.5 Cr US Dollars in Bharat. It's unprecedented.
Before Yogi Adityanath’s regime, normally, it was believed among Government officials that better civic services available in the State should be provided to the district of Chief Minister first. Yogi Ji changed this tradition and instructed his officers to do their best for each & every district of Uttar Pradesh equally and Gorakhpur (his own constituency) should be added in this list only when development in all districts will be the same as Gorakhpur. I remember, once a journalist tried to remind him that he is from a certain caste. Yogi Adityanath immediately interrupted him by saying that, no Yogi can hold any caste-tag and Yogis always work for the benefit of society.
Recently we all have noticed that a lot of changes happened in his tone & his aggressiveness while addressing people gatherings. Now he is more humble, calm and answers thoughtfully, while facing difficult and provoking questions at Press conferences or live interviews.
Former head of department of Political Science in Lucknow University, Prof S K Dwivedi, has rightly said in March, 2021, “The Yogi government has performed well in the past four years…. There is no doubt that UP’s performance has been better than other states in various sectors. The state government is working for all sections of society…”
In Yogi Adityanath’s own words, “Today we have managed to create an atmosphere of development, trust and good governance in the state. We have set new standards of development in every field. This has helped us change the perception of the people towards UP,” which is absolutely true.
Now I have full conviction that voters of UP, who really care for the development of Uttar Pradesh & want to change the abbreviation of UP, from Ulta (Inverted) Pradesh to Uttam (The Best) Pradesh, will certainly vote for Yogi Government in next Legislative Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh next year. Now it has become a stalemated debate over who will become the next Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.