Doodh Pak ?
Doodh Pak, an equally scrumptious dish is a little less known. Made of almond and milk, it is mostly popular in north and west India. Easy to make and wonderful to taste, what all can you ask for? Read on the recipe below and try this recipe out.
- 8 1/2 cup Almonds
- 8 1 litre Milk
- 8 250 grams Sugar
- 8 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 8 1 teaspoon Saffron
- 8 1 tablespoon Pistachios
- 8 11/2 tablespoon Raisins
- Soak the almonds in warm water for 1 hour. Peel and grind to a fine paste.
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tablespoon of warm milk and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, stirring constantly.
- Add the almond paste and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the saffron, sugar, pista and raisins.
- Cook on a very low flame till thick. Sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Serve hot or chilled.
- You can use 1/2 cup rice instead of almonds. If using rice, soak it in warm water for 45 minutes and grind to a fine paste.
The dish is loved by people who relish on dairy products, Doodh Pak makes an excellent dessert. Not only tasty, it’s also very stuffing and fulfilling, that is why it is also a nice recipe for fasting days.