US military aid signals ‘strong message’ to Israel’s enemies: Foreign Minister Katz
August 17, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home World

US military aid signals ‘strong message’ to Israel’s enemies: Foreign Minister Katz

Emboldened by the recent military aid received from US, which signalled a strong alliance between the America and Israel, the foreign minister of the Jewish nation has declared that this is a strong message to Israel’s enemies and adversaries

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Apr 24, 2024, 10:00 pm IST
inWorld, West Asia, Defence
Follow on Google News
Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz

Israeli Foreign Minister Israel Katz

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

On April 24, 2024, Israel said the US Senate approval of the 13 billion in military aid sent a strong message to its enemies and with strikes pummelling Gaza in its war against the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas.

Fears are rising that Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu will soon follow through on repeated threats to send troops into Rafah located in Southern Gaza, where 1.5 million people are sheltering in make shift tents and camps.

Israel says Rafah is the last major stronghold of Hamas, but aid groups warn any invasion by Israel will lead to an apocalyptic situation. Earlier on April 24, 2024, hospitals and security sources in Gaza reported Israeli strikes in Rafah as well as the central Nuseirat refugee camp.

“Everybody seems to be a countdown to war, across the displacement camp on Earth, which is Rafah. Norwegian Refugee Council chief Jan Egeland told an international media agency. Israel’s foreign minister on the same day thanked the US Senate for approving the military package hot on the heels of the House of Representatives.

“The Israel aid package that now passed both the houses of the US Congress is a clear testament to our strength of alliance and sends a strong message to the enemies of Israel, Katz told on social media site X.

The aid comes against a backdrop of growing protest against the Israel conduct of its war with Hamas which has turned the vast areas of the Gaza Strip to rubble and sparked fears of famine.

Hundreds of students have been arrested in recent days at pro-Palestinian demonstrations on the campus of leading universities of the US, Israel top military supplier. The United Nations say multiple obstacles continue to impede the delivery of urgently needed aid to civilians desperate of food, water and medicine along with shelter. But Netanyahu has pressed on with an offensive campaign on Rafah on the besieged border with Egypt.

Citing Egyptian officials briefed on Israel’s plans an American national newspaper said Israel was planning to move civilians to from Rafah to nearby Khan Younis over a period of two to three weeks. Satellite imageries showed by Maxar Technologies showed tent camps that has been recently put up in the area.

Another media reported that Israel would then send troops into Rafah gradually targeting areas where Hamas leaders are thought to be hiding in a military operation expected to last six weeks. The war began with an assault by Hamas on October 7, 2023 that resulted in the deaths of 1,170 people according to figures from international media agencies.

In retaliation, Israel launched a military offensive that has killed at least 34,183 people in Gaza, mostly women and children, according to the Hamas-run territory’s health ministry.

The Israeli army announced the death of a soldier in Gaza, raising its losses to 261 since the ground operation began. Israel estimates that 129 of the roughly 250 people abducted during the Hamas attack remain in Gaza, including 34 it says are presumed dead. Public pressure has mounted on Netanyahu’s government to strike a truce deal that would secure the release of the remaining hostages.

Israel has repeatedly targeted hospitals during the war, accusing Hamas of using them as command centres and to hold hostages abducted on October 7. Hamas denies the accusations. Gaza Civil Defence Agency said nearly 340 bodies were uncovered of people killed and buried by the IDF at the Nasser hospital in the southern city of Khan Younis.

The Israeli army said claims it had buried Palestinian bodies were “baseless”, without directly addressing allegations that Israeli troops were behind the killings. The army said that “corpses buried by Palestinians” had been examined by Israeli troops searching for hostages and then “returned to their place”.

UN human rights chief Volker Turk called for an “independent” probe into the deaths at the Nasser Hospital and Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City, noting the “special protection” awarded to medical facilities under international law. Images sent by international media from the scene showed numerous bodies under white shrouds in front of the bombed-out Nasser Hospital.

UN human rights office spokeswoman Ravina Shamdasani said some of the bodies found at the Nasser Hospital were allegedly “found with their hands tied and stripped of their clothes”, adding that efforts were underway to corroborate the reports.

The White House said it would discuss the matter with Israel. Obviously, scenes of mass graves are deeply concerned but I don’t have anything that can confirm the veracity of those, National Security spokesman John Kirby told reporters. Call to renew UN agency funding

The European Union’s humanitarian chief Janez Lenarcic called on donor governments to fund the UN Palestinian refugee agency UNRWA, which has been central to aid operations in Gaza.

His comment came after a much-awaited independent report found that “Israel has yet to provide supporting evidence” for its claim that UNRWA employs “terrorists”.
The report did find “neutrality-related issues”, such as agency staff sharing biased posts on social media.

After the report was released, UNRWA chief Philippe Lazzarini called for an investigation into the “blatant disregard” for UN operations in Gaza, adding that 180 of the agency’s staff have been killed since the war began.

While some governments have renewed funding for the agency, the United States and Britain are among the holdouts. The White House would “have to see real progress” before it restores funding, Kirby said.

The Gaza war has triggered violence across the region, with deadly cross-border exchanges on Tuesday between the Israeli army and Lebanon’s Iran-backed Hezbollah movement, a Hamas ally.

Topics: GazaHamasGaza StripIDFRafahUSIsraelEgypt
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

China to deploy own security apparatus and forces to protect CPEC, nationals in Pakistan

Next News

Navigating Changing Weather: 9 essential food rules from Ayurveda

Related News

Independence Day 2026: World leaders wish India, hail its global rise & growth story; Signals deeper strategic ties

Italian Analyst Lombardi exposes the true face of foreign funding; Hails FCRA

FCRA introduced by Indira Gandhi; Analyst Lombardi calls foreign funding as covert policy & Christian evangelical lobby

New York, New Jersey proclaim August 15 as India’s Independence Day; Honours freedom struggle, democracy & diaspora

US President Donald Trump seals executive order restricting birthright citizenship

Trump Restricts Birthright Citizenship: US constitution & SC rulings vs President’s protectionism amid fierce backlash

US President Donald Trump and Fed Governor Lisa Cook

US President Trump Reopens Fed Fight: Governor Lisa Cook faces fresh removal threat over mortgage fraud allegations

MEA slams US lawmakers for criticising FCRA amendments

MEA slams foreign criticism on FCRA amendments; Dismisses interference in India’s legislative affairs

Load More

Latest News

Members of leftist organisations present at the Jantar Mantar Protest

Youth and the nation: Reclaimed the awakened freedom

Tech Sovereignity: The frontier yet to be won

Sri Soundararaja Perumal Temple at Thadikombu near Dindigul

Tamil Nadu: Hindu Munnani demands CBI probe into Rs 200 crore Thadikombu temple property deal after Palani land case

Sanskrit University VC Ciza Thomas (Right)

Keralam: Four SFI men arrested over assault on Sanskrit University VC Ciza Thomas; 79 others booked

Death Threat to CM Himanta Biswa sarma on social media

Who wants to kill Assam CM Himanta Sarma? Social media post with Pakistan Zindabaad slogan spikes speculation

Amit Shah hails arrest of Pakistan-linked 200 operatives; Terror plot by Shahzad Bhatti Network around I-Day foiled

Representative Image

Reliance-Rolls Royce to develop 5th-gen fighter jet engine; Major leap in defence self-reliance, frontier military tech

J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah

‘That part of J&K belongs to us’: Omar Abdullah invokes 1947 resistance, asserts claim over PoJK in fiery address

Pakistani cleric Allama Nasir Madni addressing a gathering in Bahawalnagar

‘10,000 Terrorists sent to Kashmir’: Pakistan LeT Terrorist Nasir Madni’s explosive revelation on Hafiz Saeed

Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Duvvuri Subbarao

UPA’s Pressure on RBI Exposed: Ex-Governor Subbarao reveals government push for rosier growth & lower inflation

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies