Democracy is government of the people, by the people and off the people.
Government is power for a family and of a family-The attitude of YSRCP government in AP in a nut shell.
People of Andhra Pradesh have suffered a lot in last decade. Combined AP was divided 8 years back in to Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The state has lost Hyderabad, capitol city and capital resources. The people of AP had to witness tumultuous ruling of TDP government from 2014 -2019 and YSRCP government from 2019-2022. The common features of TDP and YSRCP being both are family, dynast, corrupt and self-centered parties. Both of them change the names of central government schemes, put the names of own families and try to take false credit. After bifurcation of state Chandrababu Naidu wasted the golden opportunity to put AP on path of progress. Jagan Mohan Reddy made lot of promises during Padayatra and people elected him voting out Chandra Babu Naidu. The situation of AP further worsened and went from frying pan to fire with YSRCP government failing to do any development.
People of AP are stuck between lost dreams and night mare.
Broken Promises and U turn chief minister
Jagan Mohan Reddy made promises in 2019 padayatra to come in to power. After coming to power he deliberately did not implement the promises.
Burden of Taxes and charges
· Before coming to power Jagan Mohan Reddy promised that if he would come to power, he would make sure that he would cut down VAT imposed by states on petrol and diesel so that fuel prices would be lowest compared to neighboring states. Now AP has highest rates of petrol and diesel in entire country
· During elections Jagan Mohan Reddy promised to reduce electricity charges and bus charges of APSRTC (Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation). Despite corona people the burden on common citizens was increased by hike in electricity and RTC bus charges. Tru-Up charges have been added retrospectively on electricity charges greatly enhancing the bills.
· No where in country is a state which imposes taxes on garbage. This is the novel idea of chief minister to impose tax. Despite facing resistance, AP government is enforcing strict measures to collect garbage tax not leaving even colonies of weaker sections.
· Preexisting System of collection of property tax on the value of rent has been replaced with collection of property tax on the registration value of land and assessment value of building. This was done with the sole purpose to increase revenue. People protested against this.
· Registration value of lands was enhanced to a greater extent.
· One time settlement scheme was enforced to register the houses given to poor decades back with an expected revenue of around Rs. 4000 to 7000 crores to government.
Government has made liquor and sand main source of income for government and YSRCP leaders exploiting people in a right royal way.
Liquor ban to Liquor schemes
· Before elections Jagan Mohan Reddy promised to impose a liquor ban in state citing hazards of alcohol consumption & & familial disruptions. He went on to say that liquor will be confined to only 5-star hotels and resorts in AP so that common people will not be addicted.
· After winning elections Jagan Mohan Reddy has increased VAT, surcharges and taxes on liquor increasing the price by more than 2 to 3 times. Government is selling liquor and running liquor shops through APSBCL (AP State Beverages Corporation Limited). Old and popular brands have been replaced by new and local brands with poor quality. 70 % of liquor procured by APSBCL is from 16 distilleries which are associated with ruling party leaders. No digital payments are allowed in these government run liquor shops.
· Higher cost and cheap quality of liquor forced people to consume local toddy leading to loss of lives. Inter state transfer of liquor across neighboring states also increased. Government has registered nearly one lakh cases of cross border smuggling of alcohol. Finally, government has cut down prices of liquor slightly, advocated that liquor made in AP locally is good and to be consumed so that revenue generated can be utilized for schemes like Ammavodi.
· Government had massive windfall of revenue through liquor. The total income generated being around Rs 24000 crores and the net revenue in the form of taxes and cesses being Rs 14000 crores for FY 2021-2022. For year 2022-23 government has kept a target of net revenue of Rs 16000 crores through liquor which would necessitate a turnover of around Rs 30000 crores
· Showing income on liquor as guarantee for next 10 years AP State Development Corporation (APSDC) took around Rs 23000 crores. CM himself told that this amount has been used again for welfare schemes.
· Sand has become very precious and rare element in AP. Common people faced difficulties and construction activities hampered due to the horrid sand policies of state government.
· As soon as the government was formed it targeted sand and made the natural resource a resource of income. Initially it came up with a policy of government selling sand at very high prices. The process of application was cumbersome a. Lot of corruption happened.
· Subsequently, government gave this process to a private company JP .The process is not transparent and lot of excess amounts are being collected.
· Last month sand reaches have been allotted district wise to local people mostly affiliated to YSRCP party.
· Before elections Jagan Mohan Reddy clearly refuted the allegations of changing capital city of Amaravati if he becomes CM. He went on to say that he has even build his house there.
· Within few weeks after coming to power he announced 3 capitals and formed a committee. In a span of few months, he cancelled CRDA (Capital Regional Development Authority) bill concerning development of Amaravati as capital city and passed 3 capital bill.
· No where in nation is such a system of 3 capitals. Legislative capital having assembly, Executive capital having secretariat and Judicial capital having high court.
· The farmers of Amaravati who gave lands and had agreement went to court and protested. Court stalled the process. Jagan Mohan Reddy government has brought a bill to cancel the cancellation of CRDA bill.
· Due legal procedure was not followed in shifting high court. The concurrence and opinion of judiciary was not taken.
· This is a deliberate confusion created by Jagan Mohan Reddy to divide people of Rayalaseema, Uttarandhra and Costandhra regions. He now blames judiciary and opposition for non-development of regions.
· Before coming to power Jagan Mohan Reddy promised to remove CPS (Contributory Pension Scheme), provide PRC (Pay Revision Scale) with increment of 27%, regularize all contract employees and fill vacancies of government jobs.
· Till now he did not remove the CPS scheme. He went on to say he did not have idea of what he was speaking about CPS.
· PRC was not implemented as promised. CM said most of revenue of government is being utilized for payment of salaries and pensions of government employees and the demands of government employees are irrational. Government employees protested against this coming massively on roads in spite of obstacles created by government. Subsequently, Government came up with much lesser increment and PRC which has not been implemented till now.
· Contract employees were not regularized. Instead of regular jobs around 2 lakh “Village volunteer” posts were given in a non-transparent way. YSRCP own leaders said several times that the village volunteers were mostly YSRCP cadre.
Development – A distant forgotten dream
· Infrastructure has been grossly neglected. Contactors are not coming forward to put even tenders for roads due to non-payment of bills.
· No focus on minor and major irrigation projects like Vedavathi, Gundrevula, Rajolibanda, HLCC, LLCC, HNSS, Thotapalli, Gundlakamma , Telugu thalli, Uttatandhra Sujala Sravanthi,etc.. which will provide drinking and irrigation water to Rayalaseema and Uttaranadhra .
· He promised to finish Polavaram project by 2022 which he could not and now blaming falsely center as usually.
· Matching grants for central government schemes were not provided by state for railway projects, Jal Jeevan Mission, PMAY, etc.
· AP got around Rs 600 crores out of nearly Rs 6 lakh crore FDIs (Foreign Direct Investments) nation got in the year 2020-2021
· AP, along with Bihar, was at the bottom in the ranking system of Start Up ecosystem.
Economy in doldrums
AP debt at time of bifurcation in 2014 was Rs 97000 crores. In 5 years of Chandra babu tenure it increased to 2,58,928 crores. YSRCP government borrowed 1.4 lakh crores in 2 years. AP government did not show Rs 86259 crores in budget till March 2021 taking total debts of state government to 4,34,506 crores by the end of FY 2020-2021.The trend of borrowing continued in 2021-22 and 2022-23 In first half of FY 2022-23 government procured Rs half lakh crores. State has taken loans through various corporations not shown in budget and has kept several dues which put together will amount to over Rs1.5 lakh crores. If all these loans and dues put together the amount is expected to be very massive nearing over 7.5 lakh crores till today. Repayment of loans amounts to nearly Rs 32000 crores a year.
· CAG mentioned that debt to GSDP ratio has surpassed 44%.
· 81% of loans taken are utilized for revenue expenditure like implementation of government schemes, paying salaries and repayment of loans.
· Loans taken are not being majorly used for capital expenditure and asset creation which will fetch returns.
· No transparency in procurement, disclosure and utility of loans.
· This government has set a new bench mark in level of appeasement of minorities for the sake of electoral gains.
· This is the only government in entire country to build churches and pay salaries to pastors and Imams with public money.
· This government sponsors Jerusalem and Haj pilgrimages.
· It allotted lands to Moujans.
· The temples are being fleeced in the name of taxes and Common Good Fund (CGF). Endowment funds were also diverted to government schemes.
· The lands of temples, including TTD, were put to auction which was stopped due to protest by BJP and public outrage.
· Hundreds of temples were desecrated. Age old chariots of Antharvedi and Bitragunta were burnt. Lord Rama idol beheaded in Ramtheertham. Not a single accused caught till now.
· Restrictions were imposed on hindu festivals. Radicals attacked Sree Rama Navami processions in Nellore and Adoni.
· Government openly showed soft corner and withdrew cases on muslims filed previously emboldening radical elements. Banned PFI affiliated SDPI conducted a training camp in Atmakur and created communal riots in which thousands besieged police station threatening to kill hindus over construction of mosque illegally. Deputy CM and Local MLA still went and supported the radicals.
· Recently, PFI affiliated terror linked suspects were arrested in state by NIA (National Investigation Agency) facing a stiff opposition from locals amidst anti BJP, anti RSS and anti-India slogans. Effective police have been made ineffective due to appeasement of government.
Praja poru for people of AP by BJP
The fact is whatever development happening in AP is only because of policies of central government. Modi government has developed nodes in 3 industrial corridors which resulted in development of Special Economic Zones in Vizag, Kopparthi, Anantapur and Sricity, Tirupathi attracting investments and jobs. Out of 1.2 crore houses allotted under PMAY AP got over 21 lakh houses. National highways, railways and ports are being developed by central government. Sri Nitin Gadkari ji announced Rs 5 lakh crore national highways and 27 green express high ways to be finished by 2024.
BJP has decided to tell people the facts by going to them through “Prajaporu”. State party decided to conduct 5000 street corner meetings across the state in all areas from 19th September to 2nd October. As of 28th September 4319 street corner meetings were conducted across state involving local people. Every karyakarta participated and told people the failures of state government and development done by Modi government. The response to the street corner meetings is overwhelming and natural. People realized the truths and this Prajaporu may change the political scenario in future.