The book “Gujarat Files” by Rana Ayyub has been well received by the well-oiled western media propaganda machinery of the Islamists and communists. Gujarat in general, and Hindus in particular, were depicted as demonic by Rana and co., and the usual outrage at the usual trigger point was contexed out of proportion. The most tolerant human race on the planet—Hindus—have witnessed their mothers, daughters, and sisters raped and killed by Islamists. Their fathers and sons were killed to expand the brutal Islamic and Christian cultures over millennia. Their culture and ethnicity are being abused, discredited, and targeted. The Hindus, who have time and again been painted as illiterate and superstitious by the western media, have never retaliated against any act of monstrosity perpetrated against them. This became their de facto fate, ruining them for centuries. The aftermath of the Godhra Hindu holocaust was perhaps a lone example of retaliation by Hindus, and that has somehow not gone well with the communist-led intellectual militia of the West.
On February 27, the 20th anniversary of the ghastly Godhra train massacre, in which 58 Hindu pilgrims were burned alive while sleeping, will be commemorated. Do any of us recognise one or two of them? Yes, we recall the 2002 Gujarat riots; yes, we recall the purported slaughter of Muslims in Gujarat; and yes, we recall the Muslim genocide in Gujarat led by then-Chief Minister Narendra Modi.Notwithstanding the fact that Narendra Modi was given a clean chit by the Supreme Court after questioning by the Special Investigation Team established by the Supreme Court and despite the fact that 1044 people died in the aftermath of the Godhra Train Burning, including 790 Muslims and 254 Hindus, the national and international media consistently portray it as a Muslim genocide. That is precisely what our communist (Nehruvian) secular commune of intellectuals, scholars, and journalists on the payroll of the Islamists and missionaries made us perceive all along. This kind of knowledge is very easy to find on the internet. But do we recall the carnage for what it actually was—the wrath of Islamic fanatics?
While Muslim and communist non-governmental organisations (NGOs) focused media attention on the best bakery competition, the train burning went unnoticed. The BilkisBano case was widely publicised, but the ten children and twenty-seven women who were burned alive were never mentioned. The question is, why is this the case, and why do none of us know the identities of the 58 people who were burned alive? For 20 long years, there hasn’t been a single name associated with those victims on the internet till now, when a social thinker and columnist, Gopal Goswami, released these names in one of his reports for FirstPost. The question remains, why haven’t any media outlets attempted to learn and publish their identities?
In February 2002, thousands of Ram-Bhakts (Kar Sevaks) travelled from Gujarat to Ayodhya to participate in the PurnahutiMaha Yagna at Sri Ram Janmabhoomi. On February 25, hundreds of pilgrims boarded the Sabarmati Express bound for Ahmedabad, along with other passengers. The train arrived at Godhra at 7:43 a.m. on February 27, 2002. As the train was leaving the station, someone pressed the emergency brake, and the train came to a halt at the Signal Falia, a Muslim slum neighbourhood on both sides of the railway track, and no Hindu dared enter that area even during the day. The train was stopped by a lot of chains pulled from inside, according to the driver, and later confirmed by the train’s equipment. When the train came to a halt, a swarm of about 2,000 Muslims attacked it. Four railway coaches were set ablaze as a result of some stone-pelting, trapping several passengers inside. The fire killed 58 people and injured 48 others, including 27 women and 10 children. “Miscreants had prepared the petrol-soaked rags for use long before the train arrived in Godhra,” J Mahapatra, assistant director-general of Gujarat police, claimed. The media, on the other hand, painted a very different picture, portraying it as a case of Muslim genocide. Following suit is the Wikipedia entry that insinuates the event as being a “Muslim Genocide,” “Ethnic Cleansing,” “State Terrorism,” “Pogrom,” and other such terms. The fact that even Wikipedia obliterated the 58 Hindus who were torched alive while sleeping inside the S-6 coach of the Sabarmati Express train is inexplicable and beyond the realms of human comprehension.
Should you not wonder why the identities of the victims of the train disaster were never made public by the media? Just because it was constantly attempted to portray the aftermath as a Muslim genocide and the angle of a Hindu pogrom wouldn’t fit the narrative, the 58 martyrs were cast aside in oblivion and disavowed! Well, we now have 41 names (courtesy of the FirstPost article) of those slain and are posting them here with deep glumness, compunction, and regret.
1. NilimabenPrakashbhaiChaudagar, Ramol, Ahmedabad
2. JyotibenBharatbhai Panchal, Maninagar, Ahmedabad
3. PremabenNaranbhaiDabhi, Gita Mandir, Ahmedabad
4. JivibenParambhaiDabhi, Gita Mandir, Ahmedabad
5. DevkalabenHariprasad Joshi, Chandlodiya, Ahmedabad
6. ZaverbhaiJadavbhaiPrajapati,Vastral, Ahmedabad
7. MittalbenBharatbhai Prajapati, Maninagar, Ahmedabad
8. NitabenHarshadbhai Panchal, New Ranip, Ahmedabad
9. HarshadbhaiHargovindbhai Panchal, New Ranip, Ahmedabad
10. PratikshabenHarshadbhai Panchal, New Ranip, Ahmedabad
11. NirubenNavinchandraBrahmbhatt, Sanket Society, Vadnagar
12. Chayaben, Harshadbhai Panchal, New Ranip, Ahmedabad
13. ChiragbhaiIshwarbhai Patel, Vaghodiya, Vadodara
14. SudhabenGirishchandra Rawal, Chandlodiya, Ahmedabad
15. MalabenSharadbhai Mhatre, Ambavadi, Ahmedabad
16. ArvindabenKantilal Shukla, Ramol, Ahmedabad
17. UmakantGovindbhai Makwana, Nava Naroda, Ahmedabad
18. Sadashiv Vithalbhai Jadhav, Sureliya Estate Road, Ahmedabad
19. ManibenDahyabhai Dave, Nava Naroda, Ahmedabad
20. Jesalkumar, ManshukhbhaiSoni, Vastral, Ahmedabad
21. Manshukhbhai, KanjibhaiSoni, Vastral, Ahmedabad
22. RatibenShivpati Prasad, Municipal Quarters, Vijay Mills, Naroda, Ahmedabad
23. JamnaprashadRamashray Tiwari, Municipal quarters, Vijay Mills, Naroda, Ahmedabad
24. Satish Ramanlal Vyas, Odhav, Ahmedabad
25. ShantabenJashbhai Patel, Roon, Anand
26. IndirabenBanshibhai Patel, Roon, Anand
27. RajeshbhaiSardarji, Vaghela, Khokhra, Ahmedabad
28. ShilabenMafatbhai Patel, Roon, Anand
29. ManjulabenKirtibhai Patel, Roon, Anand
30. Champaben Manubhai Patel, Roon, Anand
31. DiwalibenRaojibhai Patel, Matar, Kheda
32. LalitabenKaransibhai Patel, Kadi, Mehsana
33. MangubenHirjibhai Patel, Kadi, Mehsana
34. PrahladbhaiJayantbhai Patel, Ambika township, Patan
35. BhimjibhaiKarsanbhai Patel, Khedbrahma, Sabarkantha
36. LakhubhaiHirajibhai Patel, KubhadharolKampa, Vadali, Sabarkantha
37. Vithalbhai Parshottambhai Patel, DungerjiniChali, Khokhra, Ahmedabad
38. Shailesh Ranchodbhai Panchal, Sankalp Park Society, Surendranagar
39. AmrutbhaiJoitaram Patel, Gamanpura, Mehsana
40. Narendra Narayanbhai Patel, Vanpardi, Mandal, Ahmedabad
41. RamanbhaiGangarambhai Patel, Nugar, Mehsana
For two decades, these names were brushed under the rug. They were Karsevaks who chose to serve voluntarily in the ruins and tatters of Ayodhya at Ram Janmabhoomi, Bhagwan’s holy birthplace, for the sacred temple was ravaged and hacked by Islamic invaders. And despite being a thumping majority, Hindus fought the battle legally for 500 years. It is needless to mention that Bhagwan Ram is vaunted as the embodiment of India’s glorious civilisation and culture. The established facts only corroborate that it was a planned attack by Muslims, and these stories have been concocted to mislead the general public by a vested clique. One Muslim man, who was not allowed to travel because it was a reserved coach, was also found dead inside the coach, implying that he had dispersed the flammable material and was caught in the flames while lighting it. The media tried to make this look like an accident, giving reasons why Muslims would kill another Muslim. Perhaps they were oblivious to the concept of a human bomb! This wasn’t done in the heat of the moment- it was orchestrated to create terror in the hearts of Hindus after their shrine was illegally seized by Muslim invaders. The media and the West didn’t point out that India’s cultural icon was held hostage for five centuries while ludicrously going hammer and tongs to make sure the radical Islamists were made to look ‘victims’ for brutally killing these volunteers.
1. This should not set one aback given the rhetoric—spread terror and play the victim card when discovered. Rana Ayyub, the woman who duped her supporters out of crores of rupees, receives assistance from Irene Khan, a Bangladeshi woman, to tweet in her support via the UN in Geneva Twitter handle, but Harsha, a young boy who supported a secular ‘uniform’ in educational institutes, is murdered by Islamists with no media coverage. Instead, they attempt to whitewash the heinous, cold-blooded murder by portraying the occasional hijabi Muskaan Khan as the face of bravery, which is paradoxically veiled behind a mask.
2. Lavanya, a Tamil Nadu student who only wanted to study, died for not converting to Christianity, while KishanBharwad was shot dead for a social media post, a young Rupesh Pandey was assassinated for celebrating his festival, and a bright Muslim student, Aroosa Parvez, received rape threats from Islamists for not wearing a hijab, yet Hindus are to blame. Nobody would have heard about 2002 if there had been no counterattack, but one rare occurrence in which Hindus fought back for their safety is now being labelled as Muslim genocide.
3. Seva is an intrinsic part of Sanatan Dharma. Even Sikhism imbibed this very concept of service to humanity. What happened in 2002 wasn’t just an attack on Karsevaks, it was a plot to subdue the civilizational identity of India. It was aimed at terrorising Hindus and ensuring that they didn’t connect with their cultural signals. This has been a typical process for Islamists ever since their Indian conquest started, and it continues till date as they target India’s civilizational and cultural icons like Ayodhya, Mathura, Kashi, Vaishno Devi, and so on.
4. The deafening silence on Hindu ethnic cleansing in the media houses is nothing short of expected. However, the government must at least put into the public domain the heinous genocide of Karsevaks at the hands of Islamists. Though the RSS and its affiliates like VHP hold a Shraddhanjali(memorial-service) near the site of the carnage every year on February 27, the Hindu community wishes to build a memorial in memory of those who died at this location. Naming the crossroads near or around the house of the slew with its name as a gesture of paying obeisance can be perceived as a welcome step by society. The government can also consider some deliberations with the Hindu organisations about how to come up with an amicable resolution and a way ahead. The Hindu community and Hindu organisations have also requested that these names be displayed in Sri Ram Mandir, Ayodhya. Isn’t this the least we could do as Indians for those who literally gave their lives to preserve the nation’s culture and traditions?