Intro: Coriander, also known as Cilantro cures many diseases like Diabetes, Cholesterol, Gout, etc.
Among the many spices available in the kitchen, coriander is one that not only adds to the taste and flavour of food, but also makes it smell good. Do you know that elements like protein, fat, fibres, carbohydrates and minerals like calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene, thiamine, potassium and vitamin C are found in coriander? Not only does it make the meal tasty but it also activates the digestive system. Relief can be obtained from indigestion, dysentery and colitis by taking curd with coriander sprinkled on top. Coriander is effective in typhoid too. Apart from this, coriander helps control the level of cholesterol in our body.
- Coriander is beneficial for the eyes. Grind a little coriander and boil it in water. Cool it and sieve it through a thick piece of cloth before storing it in a bottle. Two drops of this liquid in each eye provide relief from burning sensation, pain and trickling out of water from the eyes.
- Often pregnant women in the first trimester of their pregnancy tend to suffer from vomiting. A kadha (concoction) made by boiling coriander in water till it thickens and drinking it in a cup containing castor sugar helps curb nausea.
- Grind 20 gms of coriander and squeeze out the juice. Mix it with a pinch of camphor. Two drops each of this liquid in both the nostrils and massaging the forehead with this juice stops nosebleed.
- In case of hives breaking out, make a paste out of juice extracted from coriander leaves, honey and roghan ghul (lavender oil) and apply on the body to obtain prompt relief from itching.
- Mix and drink two teaspoons of fresh green coriander in buttermilk to get rid of dysentery. Diarrhoea can be cured by using dry coriander.
- Coriander acts as nectar in overcoming menstrual problems. To find relief from heavy menstrual flow, boil coriander seeds in half a litre of water and drink it after adding sugar in it.
- If you suffer from gout, make a kadha by boiling coriander seeds in water till it thickens and drink it.
- This helps to control the level of insulin in blood.
- n It reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body while increasing the level of good cholesterol.
- Coriander is highly beneficial for curing skin problems. Apply a paste of coriander juice mixed with turmeric powder on your face. It will remove the pimples after some time.