5—Palak ke Pakore
Spinach fritters (Pakore) made during fasting with buckwheat flour and spinach.
- 1 cup kuttu ka atta or buckwheat flour
- 1 cup chopped palak or spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1 green chili or ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- Rock salt or sendha namak as required
- Water as required
- Roast the peanuts in a small pan till they become crisp.
- When they cool, coarsely crush them in a mortar-pestle.
- Rinse the spinach leaves and finely them.
- In a bowl, mix everything including the coarsely powdered peanuts.
- Add very little water and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil for shallow or deep frying in kadai or pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter in the hot oil and fry till crisp and golden on both sides.
- Serve the vrat palak pakora with coriander chutney, coconut chutney or homemade tomato sauce.?
Let’s celebrate Eco-friendly Navratri ?
The most serious impact on the natural environment is due to the immersion of idols made of Plaster of Paris and polythene bags containing offerings. Eco-friendly Navratri festival will enable you to celebrate festival without harming environment. Useful tips for celebrating Eco-friendly Navratri—