* Two sticks, each about 30 cm long.
* Two long rubber bands cut at one end.
* Two empty thread spools.
* A 15 cm-long stick.
* A piece of string.
* An eraser.
* Tie the short stick to one end of the long stick to form a cross.
* Tie the other stick to the cross at the bottom.
* Fix an eraser between the two sticks to leave a gap of 2 cm between them at the top.
* Tie the two rubber bands to the thread spool.
* Tie the free ends of the rubber bands at two ends of the cross-stick.
* Slip the thread spool on to the other long stick.
* Slip the second spool over the first one.
How to play
* Pull down the lower spool, stretching the rubber band.
* Release it abruptly.
* The upper thread spool will shoot out, flying like an arrow.
* The toy may not work if the rubber band is either too tight or too loose.
* A bit of practice is needed to become and expert archer.