POJK Unrest: 2 killed in by Pakistan security forces
August 21, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

POJK Unrest: Pakistan Forces kill two during JAAC protest; Umar Nazir Kashmari sets July 14 deadline if demands not met

Security forces of Pakistan have continued with their crackdown against protesters affiliated to and supporting Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) of Pakistan Occupied Jammu Kashmir (POJK). The committee has announced that if its demands, already in public domain and conveyed to the Pakistan Federal government, are not met by July 14, it will march on to Muzaffarabad

Sant Kumar SharmaSant Kumar Sharma
Jul 11, 2026, 09:05 am IST
inBharat, World, Asia, Jammu and Kashmir, International Edition
Follow on Google News
People gather in large numbers during an anti-Pakistan protest, in Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (ANI Video Grab)

People gather in large numbers during an anti-Pakistan protest, in Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir (ANI Video Grab)

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

JAMMU: At least two people were killed and several others injured in the Kotehri area of Poonch district of Pakistan-occupied Jammu Kashmir (POJK) during an exchange of fire with law enforcement personnel attempting to clear a road blockade for a food convoy. Kotehri is located about four kilometres from the outskirts of Rawalakot city on the Bagh side, while the main protest camp at Eidgah Ground lies roughly the same distance away in the opposite direction.

Poonch Com­mi­ssioner Sardar Waheed Khan said that a convoy of food-laden vehicles, escorted by security forces, was travelling to Rawalakot via Bagh in the wee hours of Thursday when it encountered a blockade near Kotehri village. At that site, activists of the proscribed Joint Awami Action Committee (JAAC) had been staging a sit-in for some time.

Khan said another convoy of law enforcement personnel was dispatched from Rawalakot to provide additional security to the food convoy approaching from Bagh. According to him, when the convoy from Rawalakot reached Kotehri, it came under fire from a nearby forest, prompting personnel to return fire. The exchange left one or two protesters injured, Dawn newspaper reported.

Read More: Maharashtra ATS launches biggest anti-terror operation against Pakistan-based Shahzad Bhatti’s network

He said that after the convoy moved ahead and reached Shujaabad, where it linked up with the food convoy coming from the opposite direction, it again came under fire from protesters. “Obviously, the forces also responded, leaving two or three people wounded,” he said.

Administration Alleges Blockades at Roads

In a subsequent written statement, the Poonch administration alleged that armed activists of the proscribed JAAC had blocked all major routes leading to Rawalakot by felling trees and placing boulders on roads, disrupting the supply of essential commodities. It maintained that security personnel had come under heavy fire while clearing the Bagh-Rawalakot road and that the route had subsequently been reopened for the movement of food supplies.

The commissioner confirmed that two people had been killed in the exchange of fire. Asked about social media reports claiming a third fatality, he said the administration was trying to verify the information. Khan said the food convoy reached Rawalakot safely by 10:30am.

Meanwhile, leaders of the JAAC have announced that it would resume its long march on Muzaffarabad on July 15, if its demands remained unmet by then.

Umar Nazir Kashmiri Sets New Deadline

Addressing participants at the Eidgah sit-in, JAAC core member Umar Nazir Kashmiri said the alliance would stage a long march on Muzaffarabad on July 15 if its charter of demands was not implemented by July 14. He said the long march, which had been halted in Rawalakot on June 10, would resume under the already announced standard operating procedures.

“Once again, the JAAC seeks implementation of its charter of demands by July 14. If there is no progress by the evening of July 14, we will make a new announcement on July 15. That day, there will neither be this charter of demands nor any demand for the implementation of any agreement. God willing, we will leave this place with a new announcement,” he said.

Kashmiri urged people across the province to begin preparations for the July 15 march. He also appealed to national and international media, political parties, and local and international human rights organisations to monitor the march.

Referring to the ongoing protest campaign, he said sit-ind sit-ins had continued at six locations on the outskirts of Rawalakot since June 10 and had completed one month. He thanked several Pakistani opposition leaders for their efforts to broker peace but remarked that the initiative had come too late.

He also announced an interim organisational arrangement as Shaukat Nawaz Mir and several other core members from Muzaffarabad had been arrested. From now onwards, Sahib­zada Khalid Waqas, Raja Saeed Ahmed, Syed Shujaat Kazmi, Malik Adeel, Raja Iftikhar and Advocate Ali Raza would serve as interim core members for the Muzaffarabad division.

Topics: JAAC ProtestUmar Nazir KashmiriPoJKPakistan Security forcesPoJK Unrest
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

Maharashtra ATS launches biggest anti-terror operation against Pakistan-based Shahzad Bhatti’s network

Next News

Manipur: NIA makes first arrests in sensational killings of 6 Naga civilians

Related News

J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah

‘That part of Jammu Kashmir belongs to us’: Omar Abdullah invokes 1947 resistance, asserts claim over PoJK on 15 August

Pakistan Airstrikes Hit Balochistan Again: 30 Civilians Reportedly Killed in Sorab Amid Brutal Military Crackdowns

Pakistan Airstrikes Hit Balochistan Again: 30 Civilians Reportedly Killed in Sorab Amid Brutal Military Crackdowns

UN raises concern over poll violence in PoJK

PoJK: UN flags concern over poll violence amid Pakistan’s crackdown on peaceful protesters in the occupied territory

PoJK: The call for unfinished justice and India’s unwavering resolve to secure sovereignty

Pakistan Power Play: Asim Munir's Province Breakup Push Puts Shehbaz Sharif Under Pressure

Power Struggle in Pakistan? Headwinds for PM Shehbaz Sharif as CDF Asim Munir suggests breaking Balochistan

Pakistan Tightens Media Censorship: Foreign Journalists Need NOC to Report Beyond Major Cities (This image is generated by AI)

Pakistan moves to silence global media after PoJK crackdown: NOCs mandatory for foreign journalists

Load More

Latest News

PM POSHAN Model: Serving nutrition, strengthening the nation and the roadmap for inclusive governance

They Stole the Indian Saree! Western fast-fashion label JW PEI slammed for cultural extraction & heritage rebranding

Six arrested for Blackbuck hunting in Bidar

Hunting of protected Bidar Blackbuck In Karnataka: Shoaib Malik, Abdul Sayeed among six arrested

From Bihar’s ponds to Global shelves: How India turned Makhana into a Rs 12,000 crore superfood powerhouse

Anti-Hindu Hate in North America: Why rightful expression of culture & dharma is picturised as political extremism?

Jadavpur University: Left and ABVP students face-off during union meeting, two ABVP members injured

Representative Image- Indian Railways

Madhya Pradesh: Gwalior-Chambal’s rail network expands; Birpur now connected by train

A repesentative image

India’s coconut sector powers 30 million livelihoods as exports Rise 62 percent to Rs 7038 Cr, govt pushes productivity

Who gave Abhijeet Dipke the right to inspect government Schools? Questions mount over CJP’s ‘School Thik Karo’ drive

(Left) Punjab CM Bhagwat Mann (Right) AAP Leader Arvind Kejriwal

Media Censorship in Punjab: Bhagwant Mann-led AAP Govt imposes censorship on free press, targets journalists

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies