Chhattisgarh: Father of dead Hindu youth alleged he was tricked by state govt officials to accept compensation money
August 18, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Chhattisgarh: Father of dead Hindu youth alleged he was tricked by state govt officials to accept compensation money

Father of a Hindu youth killed in Bemetara in April this year has alleged that the congress Government officials have tricked him into signing a paper related to accepting compensation money which he earlier had refused to accept; the case pertains to the murder of Bhuvneshwar Sahu by an enraged mob, after a minor scuffle between the youths of two communities turned into violent clashes in Biranpur village of Bemetara

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Aug 16, 2023, 06:00 pm IST
inBharat, Chhattisgarh
Follow on Google News
Ishwar Sahu in Center speaking during the press meet

Ishwar Sahu in Center speaking during the press meet

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

In a shocking allegation labelled against the incumbent Bhupesh Baghel-led Government of Chhattisgarh, Ishwar Sahu, father of the deceased Bhuvneshwar Sahu (a youth brutally killed by a frenzied mob in Bemetara), has alleged that he was tricked by the Sub-divisional magistrate and block revenue officer who allegedly took his signature on a paper about acceptance of compensation money provided by the Government.

Interacting with the media, Sahu alleged that he was called up for a meeting, where SDM and the block revenue officer were already in attendance. They told me to sign a paper asserting that it is related to the development works of your village and already has the signatures of the village head and others. I didn’t want to sign that paper, but I signed it after they insisted. Later on, I learned that the paper I signed pertains to the compensation amount provided by the Government, which I had also refused in the past. They tricked me.

Others accused in the case have not been arrested, additionally whatever I want to mention in my statement against those who have been held so far is not being taken, while what I don’t say has been taken as my statement when I go to the Saaja police station for a Challan (receipt) police says come tomorrow and avoid my request, in such a scenario what can we expect from the Government, added Ishwar Sahu.

स्व. भुनेश्वर साहू के पिता कह रहे हैं कि भूपेश सरकार के नुमाइंदों ने हमसे झूठ बोलकर हस्ताक्षर लिया।

आखिर सरकार भुनेश्वर के हत्यारे जिहादियों को क्यों बचा रही है? pic.twitter.com/3O3V8OyJgX

— BJP Chhattisgarh (@BJP4CGState) August 14, 2023

Sahu alleged that Bhuvneshwar’s mother was also threatened by a youth from the Muslim community who said, “Till now, only one member of the Teli community has been killed in Biranpur; there would be others as well.” Further, when asked what he seeks in the matter, Sahu replied with a folded hand, “I don’t want any compensation or a job either; all I want is Justice.”

Meanwhile, taking to Twitter, Arun Sao, the Bharatiya Janata Party president of the Chhattisgarh unit who was also accompanying Sahu in the press meeting, said that “the father of late Bhuvneshwar Sahu was with us and was sharing his ordeal, he exposed the conspiracy of Baghel government of tricking him in an agreement, why does Bhupesh Baghel want to save the goons and Jihadis of Beeranpur?”

“Nor have I forgotten the Biranpur incident neither will I, the martyrdom of Bhuvneshwar Sahu could not be forgotten, the father of Bhuvneshwar Sahu is seeking Justice for his son though the officials of Baghel government tricked him”, added Sao in a series of tweets.

बीरनपुर की घटना को ना मैं भुला हूं, ना प्रदेश भुला है।भुनेश्वर साहू के बलिदान को नहीं भुलाया जा सकता।

स्व. भुनेश्वर साहू के पिता जो सिर्फ बेटे के इंसाफ की मांग करते हैं उनसे पंचनामा बताकर धोखे से भूपेश सरकार के अधिकारी छल पूर्वक नौकरी और राशि के सहमति पर हस्ताक्षर कराया..(१/२) pic.twitter.com/bC6KHxNaBe

— Arun Sao (@ArunSao3) August 13, 2023

The Biranpur incident

It is to be noted that the case pertains to the brutal murder of a youth identified as Bhuvneshwar Sahu of Biranpur village under Saaja police station limits of Bemetara district in Chhattisgarh on April 08 this year.

The cold-blooded murder of the youth occurred after a group of Islamists attacked the Hindu community over a minor scuffle between two students returning from school with a youth of the Muslim community. It was then reported that a group of people stabbed Bhuvneshwar Sahu, and when he fell unconscious, they took him along. Later his body was found lying in an open space.

Bhuvneshwar’s father, Ishwar Sahu, near his house in Biranpur

Bhuvneshwar’s father, Ishwar Sahu, had earlier alleged that his son was murdered due to a four-month enmity aroused after a Muslim man married a girl from our community. He further alleged that the Hindus had a meeting’ Hindu Sabha’ after they took a girl from our society; thus, they wanted to take revenge.

It was also claimed that the reason behind the growing enmity between the two communities was due to the number of incidents of Love Jihad which had occurred in the region over a couple of years, which finally led to a violent clash between the groups in which Bhuvneshwar was killed.

A picture of the shutdown observed after Bhuvneshwar Sahu’s murder

The incident sparked massive outrage among the Hindu community in the state, following which calls were given for a statewide shutdown by the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP). The shutdown call was also supported by the Bhilai Chamber of Commerce and the BJP, whose state president, Arun Sao, had also arrived at the village to meet the victim’s family.

Further, the matter got politically escalated after the victim’s father claimed that a local leader Anjor Singh, a close aide of Congress MLA Ravindra Chaubey, threatened to abduct each of the Teli (Sahu) community after the elections.

Topics: ChhattisgarhHindu YouthBhuvneshwar SahuIshwar Sahu
Share1
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

Afghanistan: Distressed women and girls fight for their education rights through global UN Campaign

Next News

CM Himanta Biswa describes approval of Assam delimitation by President as “a significant milestone”

Related News

Grain now available 24x7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

From Ration Queues to Digital Convenience: Grain now available 24×7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

Bastar Tiranga Yatra saw Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honour Naxal victims and highlight Bastar’s peace journey

Bastar Tiranga Yatra: Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honours Maoist victims, highlights Bastar’s peace journey

Three-day 'Bastar Tiranga Yatra' begins from Ex-Maoist hub Narayanpur

Chhattisgarh: From Maoist stronghold to tricolour trail; Three-day Bastar Tiranga Yatra begins from Narayanpur

Amid Shiva worship in Chhattisgarh’s Shivrinarayan, 500 converted families reportedly returned to Sanatan Dharma in a Ghar Wapsi ceremony

Ghar Wapsi in Chhattisgarh: 500 converted Christians return to Sanatan fold; Families reconnect with their roots

Route chart of Bastar Tiranga Yatra to be carried out from Narayanpur to Karregutta

Chhattisgarh: From Maoist Strongholds to National Pride — Bastar Tiranga Yatra to pass through former black flag zones

Bastar witnessed a peaceful ‘Shaheedi Week’ as declining Maoist influence allowed normal life to continue uninterrupted

From Fear to Freedom: Bastar marks peaceful ‘Shaheedi Week’ as maoist grip weakens

Load More

Latest News

Devendranath Mahto who has been sitting on hunger strike since August 2 in Ranchi

Jharkhand Students Protest: Devendra Mahto ends 16-day hunger strike after JSSC-CGL scrapped; Students continue strike

Arrested accused in the case

Two Hindu minor girls from Jodhpur rescued in Ahmedabad after Aqib Ansari & Syed Ibrahim lured them through gaming apps

Peshwa Bajirao I

Peshwa Bajirao Birth Anniversary: The invincible warrior who took Swarajya to the heart of the Mughal Empire

Representative image

US: California public high school students take Mosque trip, given Qurans, encouraged to wear Hijabs; Parents sue

Keralam Governor Rajendra Viswanath Arlekar hosted the Independence Day ‘At Home’ reception at Lok Bhavan on August 15

Keralam: Transgenders, differently abled children among special guests at Governor’s ‘At Home’

Students protesting in Ranchi

Jharkhand: JSSC-CGL cancelled after 24 days of protest, but students refuse to call off protest over CBI probe

oby Mathew addresses RSS Yuva Sangamam

Keralam: Joby Mathew urges youth to pursue ambition with knowledge and hard work at RSS Yuva Sangamam

Keralam Governor Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar releasing Sree Padmanabha Swami Permanent Pictorial Cancellation & Special Cover at Panchajanyam Nelpura Hall, in Thiruvananthapuram

‘Sree Padmanabha Swamy is with us’: Keralam Governor Arlekar calls for cultural preservation

‘Let us eradicate alcohol’: Nagapattinam village in Tamil Nadu imposes heavy fines to keep youth away from liquor

DR. Mohanan Kunnummel addresses Sankalp 2026

‘Vande Mataram is sung because Bharat is the mother’: Kerala University VC at RSS Yuva Sangamam

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies