Cover Story: Katirikaiy Chutney
- 8 4 medium Brinjals
- 8 1 tbsp Oil
- 8 1 tsp Mustard seeds, Urad dal
- 8 2 big Onions
- 8 Curry leaves few
- 8 2 clove, green chilies, finely chopped
- 8 Salt to taste
- 8 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp
- 8 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 8 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Coat the brinjals with oil, roast over flame, until completely charred and vegetable is soft. Peel the skin, making sure the charred bits are removed.
- Cut off the stems and mash with fork.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and let them splutter.
- Add the onions, curry leaves, green chilies.
- Shallow fry for a couple of mins, then add the brinjals and saute well.
- Add the tamarind pulp, cook for couple of mins.
- Then the chutney is almost done, add the coconut milk and simmer.
- Serve with Briyani