These days many smartphone users have started using messaging apps like WhatsApp to save the money that they would otherwise have paid to their service provider for sending text or other kinds of messages. Available for both Android and iOS platforms, WhatsApp is a really versatile app. It is completely advertisement free and in addition to text messaging, it can be used to send images, video, and audio media messages. You can send these messages, images, video and audio media by using WiFi or 3G, and thereby save the hefty service provider tariffs.
The problem is that these days some users have started using WhatsApp as a social networking platform. They keep sending unwanted texts, images, etc., to their contacts. It can be quite annoying if you start getting such spam messages in your WhatsApp account on a daily basis. The solution to this problem is to block users whose messages you don’t want to receive. It is possible for you to block users in WhatsApp by few taps on the smartphone screen. All you need to do is add such users into the blocked list. Once they have been blocked they will not show up in your list of contacts, and their messages to you won’t get delivered.
This is how you can do it on your Android phone:
* Open WhatsApp and go to your Chats screen.
* Tap the [Menu Button] > Settings > Contacts > Blocked Contacts.
* This page displays all contacts that you have blocked.
* Tap the Add blocked contacts icon in the top right and select the contact that you have blocked.
* To block an unknown contact, simply open the chat conversation, scroll to the top, then tap [Block].
* If you would like to unblock someone, simply long-press the contact in the Blocked Contacts screen and select [Unblock].