Languishing in jail without chargesheet or trial for five years, suffering from terminal cancer without treatment, callous, vengeful state, indifferent society
Hon’ble High Court of Bombay
State of Maharashtra
Through: Superintendent Central Jail, Bhopal, M.P.
Subject – Relating to health.
I, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, suspect in Malegaon Blast episode-2008.
I am lodged U/s 302 IPC in relation to some other case at Central jail, Bhopal, M.P.
On 16.1.2013 a person came to meet me in jail, he showed me the copy of order passed by you, wherein you had directed granting me choice of place for getting treatment in relation to ill health.
I am highly obliged for you that you had passed order considering the sensitivity and showing concern about my health. I am thankful for the same. Your order has inspired me to unfold my mental condition before you. I thought that you will fully appreciate my entire condition, mental health and helplessness.
1. Since childhood I was a Truthful, Dutiful, Principled Oriented & Nationalist. My father had inculcated aforesaid qualities in me during my year of development and I am a social worker and elite citizen of this Country.
2. Since 2007, I have been hermit, for me no duties are to be performed except tenacity, austerity, self-realization, prayer, poojan, meditation, realization in peace and in isolation of my life.
3. On 07.10. 2008 I received a call from E. Sawant A.T.S, asking me if I could help the law and order? If, yes please come down to Surat, I have to take information with regard to one bike.
I reached Surat to fulfill my duties to help enforcement of law and order with difficulty in taking transport as was available on 10.10.2008, I informed E.Sawant that I had reached Surat.
4. On 10.10.2008 at midnight E. Sawant along with his colleagues on the pretext to present before senior officer brought me at A.T.S office, Kala Chowki, Mumbai. They kept me illegally for thirteen days and gave horrific mental, physical and vulgar torture.
5. In spite of being a woman I was encircled by senior police officers and was given beating by belts, thrown on floor, abused using un-parliamentary language and was made to hear vulgar CDs.
6. (ATS) continued day and night with the aforesaid torture.
7. On October 15, I don’t know why they took me to ‘RAJDOOT’ hotel and tortured me. Because of that the membrane of my lung and stomach got raptured. Since I was unconscious and unable to breath, I was admitted to private hospital ‘SHSHRUSHA’. The report of hospital mentioned the rupture of membrane. I can place the same as and when directed by you.
After keeping me at ‘SHSHRUSHA’ hospital for two days, I was shifted to some other big hospital on ventilators and I was kept on ventilators for five days.
8. After slight relief I was again kept in the office room of Mr. Sawant at Kala Chowki and again subjected to torture.
9. From here I was taken to NASIK at night thereafter my arrest was shown after thirteen days. I had not eaten for so many days and due to their torture I was in unstable state of mind.
10. In state of unconscious my saffron clothes removed and a salwar suit was put on.
11. I was illegally subjected to narco, polygraph and brain mapping tests without the permission of court. Aforesaid tests were again conducted after showing arrest.
12. Lordship, having undergone such inhuman torture, I had developed a serious backbone and other problems. I am now unable to walk, sit and stand on my own.
13. Due to torture (by ATS) I am mentally disturbed and my power to tolerate is also fading away.
14. Its fifth year since I am and had suffered torture. I was given egg in my food in jail to destroy my ‘Satvikta’. Due to the ill effects of negative environment I am now suffering from serious other diseases.
15. Now I am suffering from Cancer. I am unable to take diet as prescribed by the doctors.
16. Due to aforesaid problems, for test and treatment under court orders I had been sent to hospitals at Mumbai and Nasik. They took me to JJ hospital and in Government Hospital and Ayurvedic hospital wherein I was admitted under court orders only papers were prepared but no treatment was offered to me.
17. In 2009, I had undergone operation of my (Breast). In 2010 again I felt pain. I was in Central Jail, Nasik when MACOCA was dropped. Then I was sent to District hospital as per the orders of court, a special team was constituted which advised for operation. But I was again brought to Mumbai on charges under MACOCA.
18. Due to critical condition and by court orders I was admitted to J.J hospital Mumbai and Ayurvedic hospital Mumbai. There only formalities were completed no treatment was given.
19. During my hospitalisation, the police security guards due to their police mentality and attitude, despite following all the rules and regulations by me, used to trouble me for nothing on erroneous ground and the same was reported to Ld. Judge several times.
20. Since March 2012, I am lodged in Central Jail, Bhopal, M.P. On detrition of my condition when I was sent to hospital there also police security guards troubled me. The jail authorities wanted to get me treated but security officers continued with their inhuman attitude and I had to return without treatment due to the same. This had happen to me several times.
21. Same has been repeatedly going on till now. I wanted to take treatment, I went to hospital but because of the behaviour / attitude of govt. officials, courts and police personals I was afraid to get treatment. Now I am tired of under-going such problems repeatedly for last five years.
22. Sir, I had decided to live along with all the diseases and decided to perform ‘Yoga and Pranayam’ for rest of my life and decided not to take any treatment while in jail custody. Sir, I have not taken this decision voluntarily. Because of results of all restrictions and their adverse effects on health, I have been compelled to take this decision. I hope you will not take my decision otherwise and try to understand my emotions and condition.
23. Sir, I am a hermit, my life is selfless and disciplined and the same is possible only in free atmosphere. Without any reason I have been confined to jail for the last five years against my nature, daily schedule, characteristics and values of life. It is impossible to live a life of hermit in Jail.
24. I have tried to keep myself aloof from the adversity and had confined myself remembering my Thakur Ji (God). I don’t know for how many days I will survive but shall keep myself away from treatment. If I would be freed I shall undergo treatment without any restrictions and may achieve good health and shall lead a life of hermit.
25. Sir, I request you to appreciate my life and a life of a hermit in Indian cultural perspective. Please consider my request if there is any provision under law for my freedom (Bail) as I am only a suspected accused. Then please grant bail to me as per your discretion. I have evidence with regard to each and every incident stated including the medical reports, I do not know the provisions of law. I only know that I have not committed any crime. I have always lived a life of a nationalist in a disciplined manner following the Constitution. Hence, there is no past criminal records of myself. ATS has wrongfully and illegally draged me in the case.