Dr Pravin Togadia
Just one district in Maharashtra State has 11,00,000 cattle and they weekly need 5,00,000 ton fodder. Government for some famine affected places there is trying to give help but a hassled poor farmer complained that Rs 3,500 for fodder and Rs 1,500 for water per weekly they had to spend as they had to buy both! What if all other districts are put together?
– One state government announced that after pushing the sea back for roads and bridges, they will now not only reclaim the sea but they will also fill up many parts of the sea by dumping lots of sand and clay to build buildings there to accommodate increasing population in the city.
– After giving millions of hectare agriculture cultivable land to industries and leaving baron land empty, now the PM says that the nation needs to ‘create’ more agriculture land as there is a food grains shortage.
– The state claiming to be most developed has just from 2 districts given 2200 hectares of rich and thick forest land to industry. If the entire state data is collated, it will be a shock to the world!
– The same state only in last 1 year has dolled out 104 crore, 86 lakh square meters of gouchar (cow grazing) and Government land to industry.
– Near the capital of the nation, many farmers were on the streets protesting against Government acquisition of their agriculture land for the builder lobby.
– Bengal’s Singur story was much publicised when Tatas had to go away from their due to farmers protest, but where the company went, that land grab was never publicised.
– Famous forests that have been safe shelters of rhinos in Assam, lions in Gir and Tigers in Bengal, Kanha, Tadoba etc are specifically ‘catching’ sudden fires so that the trees fell, animals and birds die and the land becomes available for mining, helipads, resorts or whatever.
– All time water rivers are losing their tracks as their route has been grabbed for hutments, malls, road projects or high profile socio-political meeting joints cum resorts. Rivers like Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, Krishna, and Cauveri are halted at many places for the so called dams for electricity generation—that never will be anyways— leaving the most fertile land high and dry and millions of people without even a drop of drinking water.
– Little houses of mill workers, tribals and other such people have become the latest target of the land sharks who in the name of a bigger flat, dupe the original residents for the benefit of those who already own many houses.
– We have got a lot of details from all over Bharat showing that thousands of villages have been literally grabbed by ‘land sharks’ at either very minimal or no payments from the villagers so that when there will be big airports, hotels, industries, the grabbers will be able to mint money. The same is the case with temple lands that are eyed by the politicians who fiddle with the temple trusts and their properties.
There are umpteen such examples. When we start speaking of this, then the so called ‘development’ and ‘Infrastructure’ mouth pieces start bragging about the sparkling malls, 8 lane road and FDI etc painting people like us as ‘anti-development’, taking nation in 6th century etc.
Creating the deadly shortage of food grains to the extent that the PM had to, in a public rally, express the need for ‘creating’ more cultivable land is not development. As soon as the brilliant brains advising the government on 12th Planning Commission got the brilliant idea of pleasing the typical vote bank by lifting the ban on Cow Meat exports, there were of course strong protests from Bharat against it and the said department had to withdraw such a ghastly proposal terming it ‘a clerical mistake.’ But soon after that, there has been ‘sudden’ famine and shortage of fodder for the cattle. There were heavy and excess rains this time, all governments bragged of rain water harvesting. But the moment cow meat exports were opposed, there is a shortage of fodder as if Hindus in Bharat are fools and do not realise the game! Suddenly there are grabs of Gouchar lands. Even the British did leave Cow Grazing vast lands only available for the cattle. Traditionally the kings and sardars never claimed the ownership of cow grazing lands as they were supposed to be owned by the villages only for the cattle grazing. But now all governments are literally killing the cows and cattle by giving away the cow grazing huge lands to industries thereby systematically killing the cattle clearing the road for meat exports!
In the name of development, all natural resources are being either halted or killed. Land and water are such important resources that kept Bharat going as a rich economy. But grabbing cultivable lands and then trying to ‘create’ vast agriculture lands with the help of Foreign companies with the ulterior motive of Foreign Direct Investment in the most important sector – Food – in Bharat will entirely finish Bharat’s economy. The moment food and water are controlled by the foreign countries, the nation succumbs either to famines, or droughts or deadly increase in hunger deaths / malnutrition and financial dependence on the outsiders. Vietnam, Kenya, Somalia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Iraq, Afghanistan, Mexico and a few Latin American countries, many central Asian countries, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many are examples of this new age invasions either by the foreign controls or later by the internal extremist groups all out to kill and grab. Naxal movement, Maoist movement, their helping hands jehadis and church have already occupied vast lands that were earlier with Tribals in forests / coasts; with majority poor farmers and others in hills like Assam / Kashmir and at coasts like Kerala, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Odisha etc. All governments too have joined in the land grab in many ways that we saw.
This Land’s End will be the end of all natural resources of Bharat. This will be soon the end of Bharat’s self-reliant economy of which today all western countries are scared. This will be the end of Rich Hindu Civilization of total growth maintaining the values and ecological as well as socio-economic balance. Let us come together and stop it before out Mother Planet Earth gobbles us all up in anger as She has already started shaking and fuming furiously more and more these day which is visible through various erratic earthquakes, volcanoes, heavy floods, dust storm and so on.