An in-depth study of all other related literature concerning BJP'sIdeology clearly brings out the following distinct features of this ?Ideals Oriented? Party:
1. Well defined principles/ ideas/ideology/approach;
2. Respect for democratic norms/ways;
3. Firmness in maintaining high standards of discipline;
5. Inspires pride in Indianness/ dharma/culture/civilisation;
6. Strong belief in good governance;
7. Strengthens organisation without compromising individual'sidentity, and;
8. Promotes participation/ merit/development/perspective.
That BJP is truly a Bharatiya party and does not subscribes to any kind of discrimination on account of community/caste/class/ creed/colour/gender/status, is amply evident from the following ?pledge?, incorporated in the form prescribed for the new entrant to attain the primary membership of the party:
?I believe in Integral Humanism which is the basic philosophy of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
I am committed to nationalism and national integration, democracy, ?Gandhian approach to socio-economic issues leading to the establishment of an egalitarian society free from exploitation?, positive secularism (Sarvadharmasama-bhava) and value-based politics.
I subscribe to the concept of a secular state and nation not based on religion.
I firmly believe that this task can be achieved by peaceful means alone.
I do not believe in discrimination based on caste, sex or religion.
I do not observe or recogonise untouchability in any shape or form.
I am not a member of any other Party.
I undertake to abide by the Constitution, rules and discipline of the party.?
Do the unfounded insinuations maliciously drummed up by the pseudo-secularists against BJP hold any water in the light of aforesaid facts?
(The writer is former Secretary, NCST, Government of India.)