Chhattisgarh: 7 Maoists carrying Rs 37 lakh reward surrender
August 23, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Chhattisgarh: 7 Maoists carrying Rs 37 lakh reward surrender in Gariyaband; NIA raids 12 locations in IED blast case

More than 2200 Naxals have returned to the mainstream by giving up arms in Chhattisgarh in the last 20 months

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Nov 8, 2025, 10:30 am IST
inBharat, Chhattisgarh
Follow on Google News
Representative Image of Maoists

Representative Image of Maoists

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Raipur: Seven Naxals with a total bounty of Rs 37 lakhs on their head surrendered before the Chhattisgarh Police in Gariyaband district on Friday.

“I believe this is a historic success. 7 Naxalite members of the Udanti area committee have surrendered today,” Raipur Range IG Amresh Mishra told ANI.

“For 25 years, security forces have been working tirelessly to weaken and dismantle the Naxalite organisation… These people have chosen the right path… They carried a total bounty of Rs 37 lakh on their heads. They had six weapons with them,” he added.

#WATCH | Gariyaband, Chhattisgarh: 7 naxals carrying a bounty of a total of Rs 37 lakhs on their head, surrender before the Gariyaband police. pic.twitter.com/w4F2HgJvac

— ANI (@ANI) November 7, 2025

In October, 21 Naxals, including Keshkal Division Committee Secretary Mukesh, along with 13 women cadres and eight male cadres carrying 18 weapons, surrendered before the Chhattisgarh Police in Bastar.

Earlier this week, Inspector General of Police Bastar P Sundarraj said that they were hopeful to fulfil their goal to make Chhattisgarh naxal-free by March 31, 2026, and in the last 20 months, more than 2200 naxals joined the mainstream.

Speaking to ANI, P Sundarraj said, “Left Wing Extremism has been a bigger security challenge not just for Bastar and Chhattisgarh but the major part of the country for the last few decades. The last few years have been very decisive for the security forces in the Bastar region. In the last two seasons, we have recovered over 450 Naxalite bodies in the Bastar region. In this period, the bodies of top naxal cadres like Basavaraju and others were recovered. In the last couple of months, more than 300 Maoist cadres, including the Central committee and Politburo members and other Divisional committee members, have decided to shun violence and join the mainstream.”

“Due to this, in the last 20 months, more than 2200 Naxals joined the mainstream. These surrendered Naxals are given skills development training to join the mainstream after rehabilitation. We have a complete package to train them. They are also given economic benefits and monetary assistance,” he added.

He further said that as a result of the comprehensive action plan, they have recovered over 450 naxal bodies in the last couple of seasons in the Bastar region.

NIA raids 12 locations in Bastar

Meanwhile, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) on November 7 conducted searches at 12 locations in Dantewada and Sukma districts of Bastar region in Chhattisgarh in a 2023 case involving an IED blast and ambush attack perpetrated by armed cadres of the proscribed CPI (Maoist) terror organisation.

The searches were conducted at the premises of suspects and accused persons in the Aranpur Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast case.

The searches, NIA said, led to the seizure of several incriminating materials, including cash, handwritten letters and printed receipt books pertaining to levy collection by Naxals, along with digital devices of the suspects and accused.

“These suspects and accused persons were found linked with the CPI Maoist cadres involved in carrying out the deadly massacre.

The attack was carried out by the Darbha Division Committee of Naxals near Pedka village under Aranpur police station limits of Dantewada district on April 26, 2023.

NIA is continuing with its investigation in the case, in which two chargesheets have so far been filed against 27 arrested persons.

The arrested individuals, Dhanesh Ram Dhruw alias Guru Jee and Ramswarup Markam, were associates of Naxal members and were actively involved in providing logistical support to the perpetrators of the IED explosion, which took place on November 17, 2023, in Badegobra village of Gariyaband district in Chhattisgarh during the state assembly polls.

The blast was carried out by CPI (Maoist) cadres while a convoy of polling and security personnel was returning from village Badegobra after voting on November 17 last year. A Head Constable of the ITBP ADHOC 615 Battalion was killed in the attack, the NIA release stated.

An Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) head constable was martyred in the blast, which was triggered by the assailants when the polling team, accompanied by security personnel, was returning from village Badegobra after completing the voting process. (ANI)

 

Topics: MaoistsNational Investigation Agency (NIA)ChhattisgarhSecurity forcesMaoist surrender in ChhattisgarhGariyabandNaxals
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

All India Institute of Ayurveda’s Pharmacology Lab gets triple ISO certification from BIS, sets global benchmark

Next News

Karnataka: Nine days protest of sugarcane farmers yields result; Congress govt announces Rs 3,300 per tonne for cane

Related News

Bastar Naxal victims’ families slam P Chidambaram’s 'Proud dimagi Naxal' remark.

Proud Dimagi Naxal Post: Bastar victims hit back at Congress leader Chidambaram — “We lost our loved ones to Naxals”

Maoist arms and explosives recovered in Sukma

Chhattisgarh: Security forces recover Maoist explosives & arms dumps in Sukma; Major seizures made in joint operations

Grain now available 24x7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

From Ration Queues to Digital Convenience: Grain now available 24×7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

Bastar Tiranga Yatra saw Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honour Naxal victims and highlight Bastar’s peace journey

Bastar Tiranga Yatra: Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honours Maoist victims, highlights Bastar’s peace journey

Red Fort Attack: UN report links AQIS to Delhi Blast; Warns expanding Al Qaeda terror network in Indian subcontinent

Three-day 'Bastar Tiranga Yatra' begins from Ex-Maoist hub Narayanpur

Chhattisgarh: From Maoist stronghold to tricolour trail; Three-day Bastar Tiranga Yatra begins from Narayanpur

Load More

Latest News

Syed Abubakar held for social media links with Pakistani gangsters

Karnataka: Mechanic Syed Abubakar held for social media links with Pakistani gangsters; Probe underway

Representative Image

Balochistan: Hindu trader shot dead in Noshki; Policeman killed, 6 injured in IED blast in Mastung

SHANTI Act: When nuclear power transforms as national power

Sapta Dhara: Seven streams of national power with civilisational resonance

A representative image

How PM Janjatiya Vikas Mission is turning forest produce into tribal livelihoods

A representative image

Union government unveils five-year Rs 62,500 crore mobile manufacturing scheme

A Representative image

Centre steps up push for women-led rural enterprises with new entrepreneurship drive

A representative image

PM-AASHA: How the government steps in when farm prices crash

UP CM Yogi Adityanath has ordered strict action, including under the Essential Services Maintenance Act, against hoarding and black-marketing of Sugar

No Sugar Shortage in Uttar Pradesh: CM Yogi orders crackdown on hoarders, black-marketers

Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati

Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati Death Anniversary: A legacy of service, education and social reform

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies