Chhattisgarh: Two Maoists killed in exchange of fire in Sukma’s Kistaram area
August 24, 2026
  • Read Ecopy
  • Circulation
  • Advertise
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Android AppiPhone AppArattai
Organiser
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
  • ‌
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • International
  • Opinion
  • RSS @ 100
  • More
    • Op Sindoor
    • Analysis
    • Sports
    • Defence
    • Politics
    • Business
    • Economy
    • Culture
    • Special Report
    • Sci & Tech
    • Entertainment
    • G20
    • Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
    • Vocal4Local
    • Web Stories
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Law
    • Health
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe
    • Subscribe Print Edition
    • Subscribe Ecopy
    • Read Ecopy
Organiser
  • Home
  • Bharat
  • World
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Editorial
  • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Defence
  • International Edition
  • RSS @ 100
  • Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
Home Bharat

Chhattisgarh: Two Maoists killed in exchange of fire in Sukma’s Kistaram area

The operation was launched by a joint team on the basis of credible inputs on Friday, which led to a gunfight with the extremists on Saturday morning

WEBDESKWEBDESK
Mar 1, 2025, 03:30 pm IST
inBharat, Chhattisgarh
Follow on Google News
Representational Image of security forces

Representational Image of security forces

Facebook
Twitter
WhatsAppTelegramEmail

Sukma: Two Maoists were gunned down in an exchange of fire with the security forces in the forested  zone under the Kistaram police station limits in Sukma district on Saturday, March 1, police said.

According to police, a joint team of District Reserve Guard (DRG) and Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA), an elite unit of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) launched an operation on February 28.

The operation was launched following the police received credible intelligence inputs about the presence of Maoists in the Kistaram area. The gun battle broke on Saturday morning in which two Maoists were eliminated. The encounter is still reported to be underway and an extensive search operation is also being conducted in the vicinity.

“During the operation, an intermittent encounter has been taking place since this morning between security forces and Maoists. Intensive search operations are being carried out at the encounter site and nearby areas,” said officials familiar with the development. More details about the encounter are still awaited.

Chhattisgarh | Encounter underway between security forces and naxals in the forest under Kistaram PS limit. Search operations is underway: Sukma Police

— ANI (@ANI) March 1, 2025

Notably around 90 Maoist cadres have been so far neutralised in separate counter-insurgency operations launched by the forces since January this year, marking continuation of the offensive campaign commenced by the forces since the early 2024.

7 Maoists surrender in Sukma

In a related development reported from Sukma on Friday, as many 7 Maoist cadres surrendered before the police. The surrendered Maoists were influenced by the ongoing development projects and the welfare schemes being run for the residents in Maoist affected areas.

They further listed the ongoing operations of the security forces among one of the reasons behind their surrender. They will be rehabilitated under the state government surrender and rehabilitation policy.

Sharing the details of the surrendered cadres, Superintendent of Police (SP), Sukma, Kiran Chaouhna said that “7 Maoists have surrendered after being inspired by the continuous operations by the CRPF. Those who surrendered include of cadres associated with the battalion no 01 of Madavi Hidma.”

Chhattisgarh: Influenced by anti-Maoists campaigns & govt development initiatives, 7 Maoists—including key battalion members of (Madvi) Hidma’s unit—surrender in Sukma.

Sukma SP Kiran G Chava confirms the surrendered Naxals had a Rs32 lakh bounty on their heads.

Key reasons for… pic.twitter.com/fSQlWHl8B9

— Organiser Weekly (@eOrganiser) February 28, 2025

 

“The other cadres were associated with Jagargunda Area Committee, many of the surrendered Maoists have worked as security guards of the top brass of Maoists,” added the SP.

One of the surrendered cadres was identified as Hemla Hidma, a former security guard of Madavi Hidma, a Central Committee member of the outlawed group.

The others notable Maoists among the group were Hemla’s wife Ravaa Mukke alias Bhime, a PPC member and Barse Sona, political in-charge of battalion no 01. Both Hemla and his wife Ravaa were said to be involved in the Tekalguda attack in 2021 where 22 security personnel were martyred.

Barse and Bhime were carrying a bounty of Rs 8 lakh each while the others had a cumulative reward of Rs 16 lakh, announced on them by the government.

 

 

 

 

 

Topics: CPI MaoistsSecurity forcesEncounter in SukmaMaoists surrender in SukmaNaxalsMaoistsChhattisgarh
Share
Tweet
SendShareSend
✮ Subscribe Organiser YouTube Channel. ✮
✮ Join Organiser's WhatsApp channel for Nationalist views beyond the news. ✮
Previous News

1100 government schemes under DBT: FM Sitharaman highlights PFMS role in transparent fund transfers

Next News

Chamoli Avalanche: Four dead, five missing as rescue efforts intensify – CM Dhami vows safety of workers

Related News

Bastar Naxal victims’ families slam P Chidambaram’s 'Proud dimagi Naxal' remark.

Proud Dimagi Naxal Post: Bastar victims hit back at Congress leader Chidambaram — “We lost our loved ones to Naxals”

Maoist arms and explosives recovered in Sukma

Chhattisgarh: Security forces recover Maoist explosives & arms dumps in Sukma; Major seizures made in joint operations

Grain now available 24x7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

From Ration Queues to Digital Convenience: Grain now available 24×7 in Chhattisgarh with ‘Annapurti Grain ATMs’

Bastar Tiranga Yatra saw Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honour Naxal victims and highlight Bastar’s peace journey

Bastar Tiranga Yatra: Chhattisgarh Deputy CM Vijay Sharma honours Maoist victims, highlights Bastar’s peace journey

Three-day 'Bastar Tiranga Yatra' begins from Ex-Maoist hub Narayanpur

Chhattisgarh: From Maoist stronghold to tricolour trail; Three-day Bastar Tiranga Yatra begins from Narayanpur

Amid Shiva worship in Chhattisgarh’s Shivrinarayan, 500 converted families reportedly returned to Sanatan Dharma in a Ghar Wapsi ceremony

Ghar Wapsi in Chhattisgarh: 500 converted Christians return to Sanatan fold; Families reconnect with their roots

Load More

Latest News

India’s Semiconductor Revolution: Building the ecosystem to lead the global chip race

Representative Image

India’s Emerging Military Challenge: Air campaign alone cannot replace boots on the ground

Lum Sohpetbneng- sacred peak of the Khasi people. They believe it to be the "Navel of Heaven"

Decoding Northeast: Celebrating ‘shared values’

Abdul El-Sayed

Who Is Abdul El-Sayed? Michigan’s Bid for America’s first Muslim Senator and How is he linked to Bin Laden & Al-Qaeda?

19th Foundation Day of GBU | Mission ShakthiSAT inaugurated; CM Yogi urges youth to embrace ‘Nation First’ spirit

Join hands against the US’ unilateral tariff pressures

A Clarion Call Against Global Hinduphobia: Organizations unite to oppose USCIRF’s anti-India agenda

Book Review: Young, innovative, still eternal

Are we losing the UPI Freedom

PM Modi interacts with space startup CEOs

National Space Day: PM Modi urge startups to revolutionise India as global space power & solve grassroot challenges

Load More
  • Privacy
  • Terms
  • Cookie Policy
  • Refund and Cancellation
  • Delivery and Shipping

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies

  • Home
  • Search Organiser
  • Bharat
    • Assam
    • Bihar
    • Chhattisgarh
    • Jharkhand
    • Maharashtra
    • View All States
  • World
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Australia
  • Editorial
  • Operation Sindoor
  • Opinion
  • Analysis
  • Defence
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Business
  • RSS @ 100
  • Entertainment
  • More ..
    • Sci & Tech
    • Vocal4Local
    • Special Report
    • Education
    • Employment
    • Books
    • Interviews
    • Travel
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Law
    • Economy
    • Obituary
  • Subscribe Magazine
  • Read Ecopy
  • Advertise
  • Circulation
  • Careers
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Policies & Terms
    • Privacy Policy
    • Cookie Policy
    • Refund and Cancellation
    • Terms of Use

© Bharat Prakashan (Delhi) Limited.
Tech-enabled by Ananthapuri Technologies