* A piece of thick cardboard about 20 cm x 20 cm.
* A pair of scissors.
* A pencil stub about 5 cm in length.
* Cut out a circular disc of about 8 cm diameter from the cardboard.
* In the disc, pierce a hole of the same diameter as the pencil.
* It is essential to have the hole of the same size as the pencil diameter fixes tightly into the hole.
* If the hole becomes bigger, then wrap some fine cloth strip or thick string around the pencil to make it fit tightly into the hole.
How to play
* Give a spin to the pencil by holding it between the thumb and the forefinger.
* The disc will spin like a top.
* You can make discs of different diameters, starting from 5 cm to 20 cm and watch which disc spins faster and longer.
* If the disc is kept lower i.e. closer to the ground, then the toy moves better.
By Manju Gupta