- Raid has been conducted on Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar and not on Kejriwal, in accordance with cases from 2002 to 2014.
l CBI had him on its radar since quite a long time. During UPA Government regime Ranjit Sinha, as director of CBI, had made plans for carrying out a raid. But Sinha himself was accused in Coal gate, so raid could not be carried out.
- Kumar is accused of abusing his official position, by “favouring a particular firm for the last few years in getting tenders from Delhi government departments”.
- Even reputed organisation like Transparency International India filed complaint against Kumar but Kejriwal chose not to act.
- What is more ironic is that allegation against Kumar was made by a former bureaucrat, Ashish Joshi, secretary of Delhi Dialogue Commission on June 15 in Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
made by Kejriwal himself to check corruption.
- Serious allegations against him are in Education and IT Departments where he created bogus companies to get tenders.
- Education minister in Shiela Dixit Cabinet, Arvinder Singh Lovely also wanted him to be removed.
- During the past one and a half year, CBI has recorded 3000 phone calls and got evidence from 15 IAS officers of his batch and 35 officials of Delhi government.
- CBI will take help from its IT experts because Kumar is not cooperating in getting his e-mails checked, which have evidence against him.
- CBI had planned to carry out the raid few months back, but at that time there was a cold war between Delhi CM and LG Najeeb Jung. When CBI asked for a permission from Home Ministry, to carry out a raid, it was Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s instruction: “Raid to be carried out, ONLY if CBI has legitimate evidence”.
- CBI has plans to carry out raid in 14 places, including his home and office. Apart from him, there are 6 more people who will be investigated in this case.
Now, the question arises “Why is Mr Kejriwal is scared of CBI enquiry? When CBI raided Patanjali Yogpeeth, Swami Ramdev never raised a question, saying that he has nothing to hide. And that was when UPA was at the Centre. If he is honest as he claims, what has he to hide?
Ford Foundation Files?
In evening, Mr Kejriwal came out infront of media exclaiming, he is not scared of the PM and he justified using the language because of his rural origins; that he was born and grown up in village. Which village teaches him words like “psychopath”? Is the language he used, worthy of an IIT-ian and an IRS officer?
Many people don’t know that the Delhi state Lokayukt (under Jan Lokpal Bill tabled by Aam Aadmi Party a month ago) can investigate the Prime Minister and his cabinet. A state official monitoring a Central government head is shocking and hilarious at the same time. Why did he have no compulsions when he proceeded with that bill?
And the worst part is that the Opposition parties uproared on this topic in Rajya Sabha.
There are bill that need attention, that need to be passed; but as again, Kejriwal’s dramatics has given yet another weapon to the Opposition who has no consideration for wasting the precious time of Parliament. n