To keep diseases at bay, you need to understand your body.
Our body is formed of five basic elements- earth, air, fire, water and sky, which means that in case of any disturbance in the body mechanism, the cure is available within these five elements. Dr Rajesh of Wellness Care, Yoga and Naturopathy Centre explains us how to keep our body fit and fine with the help of these natural elements.
We rush to the doctor in cases of stomach disorders, skin and lung diseases, or disease of blood or bones. The doctor advises us to take medicines. This tendency of approaching the doctor for trivial reasons is on the rise these days even when we have methods and ways to reduce these ailments ourselves.
In case of emergencies, to approach the allopathic doctor can be our compulsion, but to avoid such an emergency one should take recourse to naturopathy.
Imbalance of elements and the diseases associated with it:
- – Earth: Bone related disorders
- – Air: Skin and lungs related diseases
- – Water: Blood disorders
- – Fire: Muscular disorders
- – Sky: Stomach disorders
Elements and the diseases associated with it:
Naturopathy says any stomach ailment is caused due to disturbance in sky element. This can be cured by fasting, yoga, taking fruits and non-greasy light food.
Disease related to skin and lungs are caused due to imbalance in air element. Bathing, deep breathing, pranayama, a walk daily in open fresh air are some of easy to practice solutions that helps cure these diseases.
Diseases related to muscles are caused due to disturbances in fire (Surya) element. If we take sunbath regularly for 10 minutes daily in the morning sunlight, we can save ourselves from the diseases of the muscle.
According to naturopathy blood related ailments are caused due to water element of the body. Therefore, water bath, intake of sufficient water and fruit juice etc. can keep these disorders at bay.
This element is responsible for bone ailments. Hence mud bath or mud plaster can be used to stop and cure these disorders.
What is Naturopathy?
According to naturopathy, the root cause of all the diseases is collection of toxins in the body. And the cure is in cleaning the body in a most natural way. The balance of all the five elements of body can be struck with naturopathy and natural food. One has to remain on nature diet so that the desired effect and result of naturopathy could be achieved. With this pathy most of the chronic diseases are also cured completely. It takes time to remedy the old and chronic ailments but the patient is cured forever.
Diseases and there natural cure
Note: Following the below given suggestion do not forget to consult a naturopath if you are suffering from the bellow given medications.
Joints pain or back pain
- Oil massage with mustard, or sesame oil or ashwagandha oil on the body or at least on affected parts
- Hot water foot bath on alternate day for 15-20 minutes
- Intake of Haldi mixed milk, natural food and avoiding constipation
- Intake of juice of wheat grass. Avoid cold drinks, ice-creams and sweets and keep your posture straight
- Put coat of mud on stomach. This will rectify the diseases of the pancreas. Mix the neem powder with the mud
- Follow natural routine, do yoga and pranayama regularly for one hour according to your age, disease and body capacity
- Take Jamun or Karela juice. Juice of Methi leaves is more useful
- Consume seeds of jamun, neem, amla or karela
- Bronchitis and breathing disorders
- Pranayama is the best remedy for this disease
- Take amla juice; avoid non veg
- Take Tulsi juice mixed with honey daily twice morning and evening. Ginger juice can also be taken mixed with honey
- Inhale ginger vapor in case of cough or congestion in the chest
- n Regular yoga, pranayama
- n Vegetable juice or soup, wheatgrass juice, salad, fruits, light breakfast and dinner
- n Decoction of ‘Arjun skin’ or powder 15-20 ml twice after food in the morning and evening
- n In case of increase in cholesterol make powder of til, alsi and saunf in equal measure and take half spoon in morning and evening with water
- Stomach and body cleansing
- n Mix honey in alovera and amla juice and take it daily. Take 15-20 ml alovera, 5-10 ml amla juice, one spoon honey and one cup normal water and drink it daily in morning and evening empty stomach
- n Take green tea twice a day. This is beneficial in all the disorders and anyone can take green tea
- n Have body bath with Multani Mitti. Make a paste of Multani mitti and put it on your body. Take bath after 20 minutes. This will remove all the toxins in the body and maintain body temperature
- n Take turmeric mixed milk daily. Mix one spoon turmeric powder in one cup milk and take it in the morning one hour after your breakfast
- n Put wet cloth around stomach daily for at least half an hour. This will reduce fat and you will feel fit. This should be done empty stomach or three hours after having food
- n Eat rotis of raw atta. This will provide minerals in required measure and keep the body clean
Essential Do’s and Don’ts
- n Take normal or lukewarm water after 1/2 hr after having lunch
- n Sit five minutes calm after having food. Then have a little walk
- n Don’t drink cold water, ice water or fridge water or cold drinks. They douse the belly fire and thus create problems in digestion
- n Don’t take water in between the meal. Enjoy your food with peaceful mind
To remain healthy
- Follow a fixed routine of sleeping, waking up, and having food etc
- Start your day with a positive thought. Wake up one hour before the sunrise. Consume one to three glasses normal water. Do physical movements of hands and legs and then go to toilet
- Clean teeth, tongue, face and eyes. Do gargle. Put one or two drops of warm almond oil in both the nostrils to keep sinus clean. This will develop your mind also
- Give massage to your body with mustard, sesame or ashwagandha oil before bath. Do not use chemical shampoo for bathing
- Take a morning walk before or after bath and meditate for 10 minutes daily
- Do yoga and pranayama daily for half an hour to one hour. This will free you from chronic mental diseases too
- Keep 4-5 hours time space between breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sleep three hours after the super around 10-11 pm
We need to understand that Naturopathy is not just a treatment sans any medicine but an art to lead a healthy life and this is the oldest treatment system. This is the system that can keep each one healthy but unfortunately there has been no proper circulation of this system. If you follow the above given suggestion you will keep fit and fine.