8—Sweet Potato Tikki
Fasting recipe made from sweet potatoes.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp ginger – green chilli paste
- 1 or 2 tbsp arrow root flour, water chestnut flour or buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp amchur powder or dry mango powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed roasted cumin or cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- Rock salt or black salt as required
- Oil for frying
- Rinse the sweet potatoes well in water.
- Roast them in the oven till they are cooked and soft.
- Or else pressure cook with enough water & salt till they become soft.
- You can also boil them in a pan with water & salt.
- Drain the water.
- When they cool down, peel.
- With a potato mashers, mash the sweet potatoes well.
- Add all the ingredients except oil.
- Mix well.
- Shape into medium sized tikkis or patties.
- Pan fry with little oil till both the sides are browned.
- While serving garnish with some coriander leaves.
- Serve sweet potato tikki with a chutney or sauce.
* If the mixture feels a little loose, then add some more arrowroot flour or buckwheat flour. When making for fast, please add sendha namak/rock salt. If you cannot get dry mango powder, then just add lemon juice. The spice powders and lemon juice can be adjusted to your taste preferences.