Key Findings of the Voice of Justice Report
The Voice for Justice, a Chennai based NGO, by mobilising eminent persons from different fields constituted a fact finding committee so that real picture may be brought to the notice of public at large about love jihad. The Committee visited Kerala and interviewed personally a number of persons in this regard in 2011. The committee observed:
- (a) The incidents which were reported in the newspapers were not actually camouflaged but in fact such incidents are happening in the State of Kerala.
- (b) More or less the modus operandi of the incident is similar and in most of the cases the love affair is started by sending SMSes, missed calls on the Mobile Phone, phone call, etc. At the first instance it is passed off as the genuine love but later on as and when it is found convenient the process of conversion is also started.
- (c) Mobile shops are genesis of such incidents as the girls used to go for getting recharge of their mobile sim card where naturally their number gets leaked. The Ice Cream and Juice Parlors are generally the initial meeting points.
- (d) Probability of foreign funding, the use of converted girls for supplying to terrorists/used for terrorism as well the use of the girls for immoral traffic cannot be ruled out. The reports that the boys though not having financially sound position, are able to give presents like mobile etc. to the girls and even use new two wheeler and four wheelers suggests outside funding.
- (e) In such acts of the boys, though parents do not support directly but young boys as well as other persons of the same community not only give them outright support to such miscreants but try to create terror also.
- (f) That in certain cases hypnotism, psychological substances and other mode of winning the favour, are also used.