Rescue Operations by RSS
Stampede at Allahabad Railway station
Dr Shakti Kumar Pandey in Prayag
RSS volunteers played a lead role in relief and rescue operation immediately after stampede at Allahabad Junction Railway Station on Mauni Amavasya on 10.02.2013. BJP leaders Yogesh Shukl, Diwakernath Tripathi, Vibhag pracharak of RSS Shri Manoj, Vibhag Karywah Shri Nagendrji, Sah Zilkarywah Shri Virkrishn and Bhag Karywah Shri Vijay alongwith other several volunteers remained busy till late night in carrying and shifting the injured persons to various hospitals of the city. They also arranged 15 units of blood for the victims. Hundreds of volunteers remained present the whole night on the gates of city hospitals. Food and lodging arrangements were made for pilgrims at different schools run by RSS like Jwaladevi Vidyamandir Intermediate College and Rani Rewatidevi Intermediate College etc.
Wrong Development Model won't work in India
“The development model adopted for the country has not been based upon our geographical, social, political, economic and natural conditions. That is why 70% money of country’s earning is under the control of few capitalists”. This view came up in the national conference organised by Swadeshi Jagran Manch at Kumbh Mela Prayag on 16.02.2013. In the conference issues like Ganga, globalization and Indian culture were at the centre of discussion. Despite heavy rainfall the national thinkers assembled in the programme. Programme was inaugurated by national co-ordinator of Swadeshi Jagran Manch Shri Arun Kumar Ojha. While addressing the conference, he raised questions on relevance and originality of Government’s policies. He said that the model of development in India is borrowed from western countries, where the culture, geographical, economic and social conditions are different. Referring to the World Ultrawealth Report, the national organiser of Manch Shri Kashmiri Lal said that in the country 8200 Ultrawealth network holds 70% share of total assets of the country, the rest of main population lives on 30% assets. He added that in our country, the difference between rich and poor is widening more and more due to the wrong policies and narrow-sightedness of governments. Ex-Higher education Minister of UP Dr. Narendr Kumar Singh Gaur said that country has suffered a lot due to globalization. On this occasion, Co-ordinator of North region Dr. Chandra Mohan, Shri Bholanath Mishra, Co-ordonator of the programme Dr. Niranjan Singh, ex-member of National Youth Commission, Shri Yogesh Shukla and B.K. Singh were present.
“Swami Vivekanand disseminated the knowledge of Hindu Dharm, Hindu Ideology and Hindu life the world over. Due to him only the people across the world came to know about the power of Sanatan dharma and Indian culture”. This was stated by Sah Sarkarywah of RSS Dr. Krishngopal in a conference of saints organised on 13.02.2013 under the auspices of Swami Vivekanand Sardhshati Samaroh in Chhattisgarh Ashram, Kumbhmela, Prayag. He further said that scientists, statesmen, industrialists and public in general were impressed by the speeches of Swami Vivekanand, adding that after this, India gained new identity and recognition. He said that Swamiji made people aware against malpractices like un-touchability and child-marriage. He also said that Swami Vivekanand used to say that nobody should be discriminated on the basis of caste because our country is a Hindu nation. All Indians should live in India with Hindu feeling. On this occasion, vibhag pracharak of RSS Manoj said that intensive campaign is on to spread the message of Swami Vivekanand amongst general public.